Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(12-02-2020, 02:06 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 01:46 PM)vbin Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 01:38 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 01:20 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 12:19 PM)vbin Wrote: Sold out BP, keeping profit as free units. Have a lot of oil and I am a little skeptical of the moves given year end and too many good news. Any bad news on stimulus can send it in free fall. Sold 2 cron puts.

I think its a bad mistake selling BP here. Its the most punished sector on the planet and fun managers have been buying the last few weeks. Not saying your wrong, but the truth is no one knows where its headed or the market. Its all a gamble. But I just feel like stocks like BP, CVX and XOM have a long way to go up just to get back to fair value. We shall see

That's why your the GURU LOL. BP back to $40 in no time  Big Grin

I have a lot of oil in my port tons of XOM, OXY, XLE DCP, PSXP, PHX, WES, CLB. I agree that BP will be back to $40 in next few years(may be months, who knows). I made some quick money in BP. Will buy again if it drops 5% or more. For the purpose of learning, how do you know fund managers been buying BP? Is it purely based on momentum or is there a resource you refer to?

As a matter of fact I do. I look at the top OIL etfs and fund that own them and see what they bought in the last month.

The top 10 biggest buys buy funds and ETF'S were BP, XOM, CVX, VLO, PSX, WLL and CNQ. RDS and PE. In that order
wonderful and how do you check that? I can usually track quarterly based on the filings.
You do have a lot of oil vbin. Your port should be up pretty good lately.
(12-02-2020, 01:23 PM)stockguru Wrote: Where are all the cheerleaders who bought PLTR, U and WKHS on here? They have been hit hard in recent days. Are you adding?

Regarding U.
It was time for a slide. For once I agree with an analyst! One of them downgraded a couple of days ago saying "enough is enough".

U is and will be a great company. But did it deserve to double from the September IPO price (which was raised several times just prior to the IPO) and go +60% during the last month? Probably not. If we get days where it's on the green 5-10% then I think it is expected to also get days when it's in the red by roughly the same amount.

I have said this before: I have no idea how to value companies like this. All I know is that I love the business model they have and I think it'll be a long term winner. I am not adding at these prices yet, I'll start considering it if it goes back to $120-ish.
(12-02-2020, 06:59 PM)fenders53 Wrote: You do have a lot of oil vbin. Your port should be up pretty good lately.
It's not doing bad. Lol. XOM is the only stinker right now.
U, PLTR, PLUG, WKHS will all be big winners in the future. These are all speculative right now because of the big runs they have had. But if you can dollar cost average in you should do very well. Its great to have your JNJ, PEP, TGT, MSFT, APPL and names like this, but if you can find those young companies that have a bright future... buy them all. They will pay off in the long run.
Used pooled dividends to add to BAX, BMY, KO, MRK, MSFT, NSRGY, and V.
added VLO, BAX and SHW
Oil looking like a good place to park some money. Todays opec news was positive.

I'm thin is this sector. I currently own CVX, XOM and FANG.

Looking to add another 1-2 names today.

Was looking at VLO, COP and PSX.
Bought some FB. Noticed a bunch of big names added this and its down today.
Michael Burry and a few big names been buying CVS, I added that a few days back Thanks to kblake for notifying here when it was 6% down on amazon news. Thank you.
Added MO.
anyone looking at WBA? This one I knew will shoot up.

Warner bro.makes a godzilla move making theater stocks fall and T hardly moves.
(12-03-2020, 01:50 PM)vbin Wrote: anyone looking at WBA? This one I knew will shoot up.

Warner bro.makes a godzilla move making theater stocks fall and T hardly moves.
Been selling WBA puts constantly since they missed earnings a quarter ago.  CVS as well. Last one about to expire worthless tomorrow.  I thought the bottom was a year ago for WBA but it seems to be here finally.

No trades here today.
Sold the rest of my DFS and lightened up on SQ and bought more NEE, ADP, GNRC and with the proceeds.