Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(08-05-2020, 10:09 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 02:58 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 02:44 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 10:54 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 10:13 AM)kblake Wrote: Bought some AAPL in my daughters account. Only 10 shares, but that will be 40 once it splits. It will probably run to $500 by then lol

And once again Tech is up and everything else is down. All high dividend stocks no one wants a part of. You mine as well join the tech club LOL

StockGuru nice pick on PINS. It's up over $9 today. You have been on fire of late!

I agree. At least with AAPL you get a decent PE, growth and dividend. Your daughter will do very well in the stock. I added a few myself. With the split it will keep on running. 

Pins had a great report. Not many tech left that hasn’t run yet. Maybe SNAP is next lol
I sure wish they would publish a schedule of which tech company growing Revs and losing money is going to run higher next for no good reason.  Smile

It’s still not too late to get on the AAPL train lol. I’m up $16 on my purchase today. AAPLE is the #1 stock in America. Come on Fenders join the party. Sell T and buy AAPL. You will thank me later haha!!

I’m watching GOOG too. Hoping to get an opportunity under $1400.

(08-05-2020, 10:01 AM)EricL Wrote: Sold out of ANTM and BMY in my trading account and used proceeds to open a new position in TDOC.

I've been watching both TDOC and LVGO for a while, and think they will complement each other well as a combined business. Lots of runway for growth, even considering the insane valuations.
If Eric bought then I know I made the right decision. Happy days ahead lol 

Come on Fenders join the group. I think you can afford 2 shares.   Big Grin

Admit it you guys are gambling at these valuations and nothing more, but I admit it's fun.  LVGO is one of the Super Deluxe Story Stock Ultra Gotta Own picks I mentioned my buddy gets in his newsletter subscription service.  I have been preaching to him to be careful, but he won and I went with ROKU via options for this weeks play lol.  That was too easy.  I'll have to look for another the next few days.

Been dumping my big  oil at a profit the past few days by some miracle.  I've seen enough already.  XOM cuts off their employee 401 plan matching program.  Smells like desperation.  I'll keep ENB but I'm out other than that.
(08-05-2020, 10:34 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 02:44 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 10:54 AM)divmenow Wrote: I agree. At least with AAPL you get a decent PE, growth and dividend. Your daughter will do very well in the stock. I added a few myself. With the split it will keep on running. 

Pins had a great report. Not many tech left that hasn’t run yet. Maybe SNAP is next lol
I sure wish they would publish a schedule of which tech company growing Revs and losing money is going to run higher next for no good reason.  Smile

It’s still not too late to get on the AAPL train lol. I’m up $16 on my purchase today. AAPLE is the #1 stock in America. Come on Fenders join the party. Sell T and buy AAPL. You will thank me later haha!!

(08-05-2020, 10:01 AM)EricL Wrote: Sold out of ANTM and BMY in my trading account and used proceeds to open a new position in TDOC.

I've been watching both TDOC and LVGO for a while, and think they will complement each other well as a combined business. Lots of runway for growth, even considering the insane valuations.

Admit it you guys are gambling at these valuations and nothing more, but I admit it's fun.  LVGO is one of the Super Deluxe Story Stock Ultra Gotta Own picks I mentioned my buddy gets in his newsletter subscription service.  I have been preaching to him to be careful, but he won and I went with ROKU via options for this weeks play lol.  That was too easy.  I'll have to look for another the next few days.

Been dumping my big  oil at a profit the past few days by some miracle.  I've seen enough already.  XOM cuts off their employee 401 plan matching program.  Smells like desperation.  I'll keep ENB but I'm out other than that.

Come back to me in 5 years when this stock is sitting at $2000 a share lol. Unless Amazon decides to buys them. 

Stockguru as Cramer would say... You have horsesence lol Wink
(08-05-2020, 10:46 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 10:34 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 02:44 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I sure wish they would publish a schedule of which tech company growing Revs and losing money is going to run higher next for no good reason.  Smile

Come back to me in 5 years when this stock is sitting at $2000 a share lol. Unless Amazon decides to buys them. 

Stockguru as Cramer would say... You have horsesence lol Wink

Yeah, like you won't sell it on "valuation concerns" next month if it runs.  Do remind me in five years though lol. I'm selling ROKU in a few days, because it was really cheap when I bought it three days ago LMAO. Come on seven.............
Sold another ROKU put and raised the strike price up $20 from the last one to $157.50 for a two day expiration. Sold a FSLY put at strike 195 two day expiration. Momo is fun when the bull is running. Another $735 cash I can use to buy boring DIV paying stuff with.
(08-05-2020, 11:39 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Sold another ROKU put and raised the strike price up $20 from the last one to $157.50 for a two day expiration. Sold a FSLY put at strike 195 two day expiration. Momo is fun when the bull is running. Another $735 cash I can use to buy boring DIV paying stuff with.
ROKU have earnings today. May be folks are expecting stock to fall or to the least that's why you are getting that premium.
(08-05-2020, 12:12 PM)vbin Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 11:39 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Sold another ROKU put and raised the strike price up $20 from the last one to $157.50 for a two day expiration.  Sold a FSLY put at strike 195 two day expiration.  Momo is fun when the bull is running. Another $735 cash I can use to buy boring DIV paying stuff with.
ROKU have earnings today. May be folks are expecting stock to fall or to the least that's why you are getting that premium.

FSLY also have earnings today
(08-05-2020, 11:39 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Sold another ROKU put and raised the strike price up $20 from the last one to $157.50 for a two day expiration.  Sold a FSLY put at strike 195 two day expiration.  Momo is fun when the bull is running. Another $735 cash I can use to buy boring DIV paying stuff with.
It's been going on for awhile.  The stock can take a big hit and I'm good.  I'm OK owning it but I will roll forward if I need to until I like the entry price.  Premiums make it easy to roll the strike down weekly.
(08-05-2020, 12:25 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
It's been going on for awhile.  The stock can take a big hit and I'm good.  I'm OK owning it but I will roll forward if I need to until I like the entry price.  Premiums make it easy to roll the strike down weekly.
Well you do get 2% credit. That's almost ~ 1 year div for most of the spy enlistments.
(08-05-2020, 10:34 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Admit it you guys are gambling at these valuations and nothing more, but I admit it's fun.  LVGO is one of the Super Deluxe Story Stock Ultra Gotta Own picks I mentioned my buddy gets in his newsletter subscription service.  I have been preaching to him to be careful, but he won and I went with ROKU via options for this weeks play lol.  That was too easy.  I'll have to look for another the next few days.

Oh there's no doubt that it's a risky buy at this valuation. My bet is about 3% of my trading portfolio, so I'm not jumping in headfirst by any means.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(08-05-2020, 12:30 PM)vbin Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 12:25 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
Well you do get 2% credit. That's almost ~ 1 year div for most of the spy enlistments.

Not bad for two days work.  Nothing is ever really free. Stock could get hammered 15% and I own it.  You always have to be comfortable owning the shares.  I wish my boring stuff would drop.  I'd rather buy it lol.
While you guys are debating funky loss making companies with no dividend that are up hundreds or even thousands of percentages in the past 12 months, I went ahead and initiated a position in MAA.
(08-05-2020, 01:46 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: While you guys are debating funky loss making companies with no dividend that are up hundreds or even thousands of percentages in the past 12 months, I went ahead and initiated a position in MAA.

We almost fell asleep reading that.  Hope your day is more exciting than your stock trades.  Smile