Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(08-04-2020, 11:54 AM)EricL Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 08:51 AM)EricL Wrote: Bought a little SLV in my trading account. Silver broke the $20 level recently, and with all the money printing being done around the world, I think it will continue higher.

SLV up another 4.5% today, and now up 15% since I bought.

I am cashing out my gold and silver plays in a day or two.  I said that last week lol.  Did it with options and about 95% of possible profits are here vs waiting weeks more for 100% so time to ring the register.  It's not going to crash with current fiscal policy.  I'll hope for a small dip and try it again if it makes sense.
Took a new position in BAX. I figured why not lol
Started a small position in GOOGL after selling my initial position for ~$300 9 years ago( just kept waiting like a fool) Google remain undervalued in my opinion. More and more retailers and businesses are going to move online and compete for online ads and SEO. Google cloud and ads business will be the biggest beneficiary for this behavior change and Google will see tremendous growth in cloud combined with ads revenue and SEO dependancy for retailers.
(08-04-2020, 02:18 PM)vbin Wrote: Started a small position in GOOGL after selling my initial position for ~$300  9 years ago( just kept waiting like a fool) Google remain undervalued in my opinion. More and more retailers and businesses are going to move online and compete for online ads and SEO. Google cloud and ads business will be the biggest beneficiary for this behavior change and Google will see tremendous growth in cloud combined with ads revenue and  SEO dependancy for retailers.
GOOGL looks good for a long-term play.  I think it has less downside risk than the other FAANG stocks if the market gets spooked.  The GOV will probably keep harassing them all for awhile though.
(08-04-2020, 10:06 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 02:18 PM)vbin Wrote: Started a small position in GOOGL after selling my initial position for ~$300  9 years ago( just kept waiting like a fool) Google remain undervalued in my opinion. More and more retailers and businesses are going to move online and compete for online ads and SEO. Google cloud and ads business will be the biggest beneficiary for this behavior change and Google will see tremendous growth in cloud combined with ads revenue and  SEO dependancy for retailers.
GOOGL looks good for a long-term play.  I think it has less downside risk than the other FAANG stocks if the market gets spooked.  The GOV will probably keep harassing them all for awhile though.
Govts harasses everyone( sometime for right reasons sometimes for wrong). I will buy more if th y come down. I am bulish on GCP. Most of the retailers will be/ should be avoiding aws. They will be real stupid if they don't. That's like giving profits to compition. They will have 2 main choices after that Azure and GCP. I won't be surprised if a lot of them chooses GCP given the relationship their teams will have with Google. I am considering these buys as investing in GCP in early stages. Cloud business at the start of the year was at ~$300 billion and supposed to reach $400 in next 2 years. Covid is just going to accelerate that.
(08-04-2020, 10:27 PM)vbin Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 10:06 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
Govts harasses everyone( sometime for right reasons sometimes for wrong). I will buy more if th y come down. I am bulish on GCP. Most of the retailers will be/ should be avoiding aws. They will be real stupid if they don't. That's like giving profits to compition. They will have 2 main choices after that Azure and GCP. I won't be surprised if a lot of them chooses GCP given the relationship their teams will have with Google. I am considering these buys as investing  in GCP in early stages. Cloud business at the start of the year was at ~$300 billion and supposed to reach $400 in next 2 years. Covid is just going to accelerate that.
Much of the true big tech really does have borderline monopolies.  That's how you become king of the hill.  MSFT and INTC were ruthless back in the day.  They would "highly recommend" you not engage in business with their competitors for fear your MSFT-INTC products might be "delayed".  Got their wings clipped eventually.  The current GOV proceedings will go on for awhile.  It's not a completely bad thing for consumers, and GOOGL will be OK.
New position in TDOC at $206.80. I love the merger and the dip. This is the Amazon of Healthcare lol.

Added to ATVI.

I'm stocking to my theme of stay and home stocks lol
(08-05-2020, 08:54 AM)divmenow Wrote: New position in TDOC at $206.80. I love the merger and the dip. This is the Amazon of Healthcare lol.

Added to ATVI.

I got in at $200.60. I have been watching this name for a while now. I like the merger as well.  Looks like a case of stealing shares to get in cheaper. With people afraid to go to doctors now this will be a big winner and with merger of LVGO.

Added some ABBV and TJX

I have done well this year in buying stocks that have sold off like PYPL, SQ, TWLO, ADBE, AZO, ULTA, AAPL, and DOCU.

Those 6 companies right there have more then made up for my stinkers  Big Grin
(08-05-2020, 08:54 AM)divmenow Wrote: New position in TDOC at $206.80. I love the merger and the dip. This is the Amazon of Healthcare lol.

Added to ATVI.

I was looking at their new merger partner.  Another story stock that has already run to the moon.  I'll dig deeper into the hype train.  Smile
Added to T.
Sold out of ANTM and BMY in my trading account and used proceeds to open a new position in TDOC.

I've been watching both TDOC and LVGO for a while, and think they will complement each other well as a combined business. Lots of runway for growth, even considering the insane valuations.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(07-31-2020, 02:58 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 02:44 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 10:54 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 10:13 AM)kblake Wrote: Bought some AAPL in my daughters account. Only 10 shares, but that will be 40 once it splits. It will probably run to $500 by then lol

And once again Tech is up and everything else is down. All high dividend stocks no one wants a part of. You mine as well join the tech club LOL

StockGuru nice pick on PINS. It's up over $9 today. You have been on fire of late!

I agree. At least with AAPL you get a decent PE, growth and dividend. Your daughter will do very well in the stock. I added a few myself. With the split it will keep on running. 

Pins had a great report. Not many tech left that hasn’t run yet. Maybe SNAP is next lol
I sure wish they would publish a schedule of which tech company growing Revs and losing money is going to run higher next for no good reason.  Smile

It’s still not too late to get on the AAPL train lol. I’m up $16 on my purchase today. AAPLE is the #1 stock in America. Come on Fenders join the party. Sell T and buy AAPL. You will thank me later haha!!

I’m watching GOOG too. Hoping to get an opportunity under $1400.

(08-05-2020, 10:01 AM)EricL Wrote: Sold out of ANTM and BMY in my trading account and used proceeds to open a new position in TDOC.

I've been watching both TDOC and LVGO for a while, and think they will complement each other well as a combined business. Lots of runway for growth, even considering the insane valuations.
If Eric bought then I know I made the right decision. Happy days ahead lol 

Come on Fenders join the group. I think you can afford 2 shares.   Big Grin