Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(07-21-2020, 12:01 PM)Dividendwayfarer Wrote:
(07-21-2020, 09:52 AM)divmenow Wrote: Added to ABBV and took a new position in BTI

After holding it for years, I sold all my CAH and used the money for MET & ABBV yesterday. Then today CAH is up 3% and ABBV is down. I may add a little more ABBV just to make myself feel better.
Seems like that happens a lot.  Sad  I try to enter or leave in at least 2-3 steps.  I'm usually sorry when I don't.  Those are both good buys in my opinion though MET may require a lot of patience.  I prefer them to most banks or other financials at these levels.

Lightly trimmed a few of my northern UTEs today. I am expecting some rough earnings. I'd like to spread my regional exposure when I can.
Added ABBV, CCI, MO today
Added to CVX and LMT yesterday

Sold WMT, KO and trimmed ZM
Wow FE getting spanked this morning down $7. Anyone own it or adding?
Bought a little SLV in my trading account. Silver broke the $20 level recently, and with all the money printing being done around the world, I think it will continue higher.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(07-22-2020, 08:50 AM)divmenow Wrote: Wow FE getting spanked this morning down $7. Anyone own it or adding?

FirstEnergy (FE -6.6%) falls suddenly after Ohio House Speaker Larry Householder was arrested amid a $60M federal racketeering case related to the state's new nuclear bailout law.

The investigation centers on House Bill 6, the ratepayer bailout of two Ohio nuclear power plants owned by FirstEnergy Solutions - now Energy Harbor (OTCPK:ENGH -20.8%) - that Householder helped push through last year.

The campaign to pass HB6 and thwart a statewide referendum to overturn it included a wave of campaign donations from FirstEnergy and a multi-million-dollar ad campaign.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(07-22-2020, 08:51 AM)EricL Wrote: Bought a little SLV in my trading account. Silver broke the $20 level recently, and with all the money printing being done around the world, I think it will continue higher.

I like SLV as well but not when the RSI is currently at 91 lol. I will wait for a pullback to get in. I like GOLD and NEM as well. But like silver they have had a big run. A little pullback would be healthy.
(07-22-2020, 08:51 AM)EricL Wrote: Bought a little SLV in my trading account. Silver broke the $20 level recently, and with all the money printing being done around the world, I think it will continue higher.
I agree.  I added a decent amount of gold and silver lately.  Mostly puts I have retired a week or so later and keep 80% of the money. FED actions make it nearly impossible for precious metals to be a real bad plan. A helluva lot less risky than any high flying stock IMO.
(07-22-2020, 08:52 AM)EricL Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 08:50 AM)divmenow Wrote: Wow FE getting spanked this morning down $7. Anyone own it or adding?

FirstEnergy (FE -6.6%) falls suddenly after Ohio House Speaker Larry Householder was arrested amid a $60M federal racketeering case related to the state's new nuclear bailout law.

The investigation centers on House Bill 6, the ratepayer bailout of two Ohio nuclear power plants owned by FirstEnergy Solutions - now Energy Harbor (OTCPK:ENGH -20.8%) - that Householder helped push through last year.

The campaign to pass HB6 and thwart a statewide referendum to overturn it included a wave of campaign donations from FirstEnergy and a multi-million-dollar ad campaign.
There will be more indictments.  Subpoenas on the corporate side last night.
Gave my RTX position a serious haircut. Sold a covered call on the remaining shares. Not sticking around with a big position for an earnings report next week I am certain is going to be depressing.
(07-22-2020, 09:21 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Gave my RTX position a serious haircut.  Sold a covered call on the remaining shares.  Not sticking around with a big position for an earnings report next week I am certain is going to be depressing.

We will see how that plays out. I think it goes up since it’s been punished so much. Bad news is already factored in. If KO can go up just imagine how far RTX can shoot up?! My crystal ball says up $4 lol ?
(07-22-2020, 09:54 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 09:21 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Gave my RTX position a serious haircut.  Sold a covered call on the remaining shares.  Not sticking around with a big position for an earnings report next week I am certain is going to be depressing.

We will see how that plays out. I think it goes up since it’s been punished so much. Bad news is already factored in. If KO can go up just imagine how far RTX can shoot up?! My crystal ball says up $4 lol ?
I don't even know.  You could be right and it pops for awhile.  The problem is the CEO is honest.  I think the guidance is going to be just awful for half their Biz.  I sold all the shares in my "retirement boat account".  I may need that money this winter so I can find a better option.  I do believe RTX will be more than fine long-term or I would have sold a lot more shares in my big account.  The share price may not represent it, but BA is nothing but a dumpster fire for many quarters.  A LOT of companies depend on their business as you are well aware.  I'll buy another defense stock on a dip with at least part of the proceeds.
Added to JPM and BAM.