Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(07-20-2020, 10:54 AM)ChadR Wrote: I figure if I keep adding some shares every time T goes below $30/share, I will eventually have enough shares to pay for my monthly cell phone bill and DirecTV bill.
That plan should work out fine.  My shares are in an IRA so no tax issues.  I always keep some T shares.  When it goes below 30 I start adding towards overweight.  When it goes above 35 I am starting to trim slowly.  They have blown the trust on the long-term growth thing until they truly get their act together.
(07-20-2020, 11:27 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(07-20-2020, 10:54 AM)ChadR Wrote: I figure if I keep adding some shares every time T goes below $30/share, I will eventually have enough shares to pay for my monthly cell phone bill and DirecTV bill.
That plan should work out fine.  My shares are in an IRA so no tax issues.  I always keep some T shares.  When it goes below 30 I start adding towards overweight.  When it goes above 35 I am starting to trim slowly.  They have blown the trust on the long-term growth thing until they truly get their act together.

You might not see $35 again  Big Grin

T is a worthless stock unless you collect the dividend for 10 years lol. You better off buying CCI or AMT. Much better dividend and growth with 5 G.

Dunno what high speed internet service is like in your neck of the woods, but if you can reliably get fast broadband, I highly recommend the new AT&T TV service. I've had both DirecTV and U-Verse in the past. AT&T TV is the best service they have offered yet. You buy the box (basically a proprietary Roku), and it streams the AT&T (TimeWarner) content to your TV through the internet, with an on-screen interface that interacts like ordinary cable/satellite (scrollable guide), or modern net-based on-demand streaming service, depending upon your preference.
(07-20-2020, 03:29 PM)Otter Wrote:

Dunno what high speed internet service is like in your neck of the woods, but if you can reliably get fast broadband, I highly recommend the new AT&T TV service. I've had both DirecTV and U-Verse in the past. AT&T TV is the best service they have offered yet. You buy the box (basically a proprietary Roku), and it streams the AT&T (TimeWarner) content to your TV through the internet, with an on-screen interface that interacts like ordinary cable/satellite (scrollable guide), or modern net-based on-demand streaming service, depending upon your preference.

Sadly we can't get U-Verse where we are.  I have friends that are less than a mile from us that get it, but for some reason it hasn't made it to our neighborhood.
(07-20-2020, 01:13 PM)stockguru Wrote:

T is a worthless stock unless you collect the dividend for 10 years lol. You better off buying CCI or AMT. Much better dividend and growth with 5 G.
Non, no, no..... you are not going to torment me on this one lol.  Smile  I've traded it a lot the past few years.  I sell a few calls or puts most months that usually expire worthless and I rinse and repeat.  Not like its a huge position, but it is pretty normal for me to have 200-300 T shares long, and 2-4 option contracts option open most of the time.  You can make a lot of monthly income on a stock stuck in a tight trading range.  MET, PFE and a few UTEs are my go to for this trick when the price is right.
(07-20-2020, 08:58 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Non, no, no..... you are not going to torment me on this one lol.  Smile  I've traded it a lot the past few years.  I sell a few calls or puts most months that usually expire worthless and I rinse and repeat.  Not like its a huge position, but it is pretty normal for me to have 200-300 T shares long, and 2-4 option contracts option open most of the time.  You can make a lot of monthly income on a stock stuck in a tight trading range.  MET, PFE and a few UTEs are my go to for this trick when the price is right.

You have better odds playing fantasy golf on DraftKings then you do investing in T stock hahaha!! I know that for a fact. I won more last weekend on my $5 bet then I have holding T for 6 months lol ?
(07-20-2020, 09:20 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(07-20-2020, 08:58 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

You have better odds playing fantasy golf on DraftKings then you do investing in T stock hahaha!! I know that for a fact. I won more last weekend on my $5 bet then I have holding T for 6 months lol ?
Total return on T is about 10% the past 120 days.  That's 30% annualized + the dividend.  We can't help it you don't now how to trade T.

Big Grin

Seriously though I just checked and I have 51 transactions involving T the past 18 months. When the market gets choppy I can't resist the option premiums these boring stocks pay.
KO beats earnings after analyst estimates were dropped 104 times the past 6 months. Smile Revenue down 29% YOY. That's pretty ugly for a consumer staple aristocrat. Stock up in the pre-market. I had a feeling this might be how it goes.
Added to ABBV and took a new position in BTI
Bought an initial small position in CTBI
(07-21-2020, 09:52 AM)divmenow Wrote: Added to ABBV and took a new position in BTI

After holding it for years, I sold all my CAH and used the money for MET & ABBV yesterday. Then today CAH is up 3% and ABBV is down. I may add a little more ABBV just to make myself feel better.
(07-21-2020, 12:01 PM)Dividendwayfarer Wrote:
(07-21-2020, 09:52 AM)divmenow Wrote: Added to ABBV and took a new position in BTI

After holding it for years, I sold all my CAH and used the money for MET & ABBV yesterday. Then today CAH is up 3% and ABBV is down. I may add a little more ABBV just to make myself feel better.

ABBV is one of the cheapest dividend growth stocks out there.  If all these COVID-19 vaccine stocks can run-up 100-200% then ABBV should be $150 buy now with the pipeline it has lol.