Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(04-01-2020, 01:37 PM)EricL Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 12:53 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 12:36 PM)ChadR Wrote: Added to IBM and CBRL.

CBRL is a good call IMO.  It's trying to find a bottom.  They will bring a strong dividend back as soon as they can and shares over 50% off are going to look good soon enough.  I sold all of mine just north of $100 and today looks like a good day to start getting back in.  No worse than holding a stock that pays no dividend when the price is right.

And a I hate it when I try to sell a position but double up instead.  Pay attention dummy.  Smile

Florida just issued a 30-day stay-at-home order. Florida had the largest store count for CBRL as of 2015, the latest data I could find.

I think CBRL is a great company, but I have a hard time seeing any positive news coming for it in the next month.
I'm not worried about next month.  I'm picking my horse for the 5 yr race.  Can't believe I'm even typing this at you.  You know well they are a solid dividend payer.  I'd love it if this years dividend payouts are better than 2019 but that's a short-term view in this market. It probably won't happen.  I won't dump every good company that hits a speed bump.
(04-01-2020, 01:49 PM)Binary Wrote:

CBRL is a good call IMO.  It's trying to find a bottom.  They will bring a strong dividend back as soon as they can and shares over 50% off are going to look good soon enough.  I sold all of mine just north of $100 and today looks like a good day to start getting back in.  No worse than holding a stock that pays no dividend when the price is right.

And a I hate it when I try to sell a position but double up instead.  Pay attention dummy.  Smile

Florida just issued a 30-day stay-at-home order. Florida had the largest store count for CBRL as of 2015, the latest data I could find.

I think CBRL is a great company, but I have a hard time seeing any positive news coming for it in the next month.

I agree with you, seeing positive news will be difficult these days. But wait until the restaurants open again Smile
Half my port has zero hope of good news in the next month.  Can't dump them all.
You both make good points, I'm probably being too pessimistic.

If you are buying for the long-term, and not simply trades, I think either VFC or CBRL are worth a look here.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(04-01-2020, 01:49 PM)Binary Wrote:

I agree with you, seeing positive news will be difficult these days. But wait until the restaurants open again Smile

(04-01-2020, 02:22 PM)EricL Wrote: You both make good points, I'm probably being too pessimistic.

If you are buying for the long-term, and not simply trades, I think either VFC or CBRL are worth a look here.
You are buying oil Eric, and the story is pretty similar.  You believe there will be a recovery or you don't  Absolute Doomsday scenario.  Restaurants, hotels, travel and oil have the same narrative for now.
Did a little more buying this afternoon. Added to DFS, OZK, and SBUX.
(04-01-2020, 02:29 PM)fenders53 Wrote: You are buying oil Eric, and the story is pretty similar.  You believe there will be a recovery or you don't  Absolute Doomsday scenario.  Restaurants, hotels, travel and oil have the same narrative for now.

Quite true.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
A few more of my limit orders I thought wouldn't execute did. Small add to EXC-XEL-MDT-ARCC-JPS-TAN. I'd be good with another down day or two.
Only 6M more new jobless claims, Should be a green day. Smile
(04-02-2020, 07:55 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Only 6M more new jobless claims,  Should be a green day.  Smile

Yup big Green Day today... that is the kind that makes you puke ? lol

BTW I hope no one owns LK. This is why I don’t buy Chinese companies  Big Grin
(04-02-2020, 08:06 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 07:55 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Only 6M more new jobless claims,  Should be a green day.  Smile

I go light on foreign companies because research overage can be tougher to find.  I probably should own a global ETF position.
(04-02-2020, 08:15 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 08:06 AM)divmenow Wrote:

I go light on foreign companies because research overage can be tougher to find.  I probably should own a global ETF position.
I invest in Africa. That’s the one place that hasn’t been infected by the corona virus lol
Looks like MO has some more GOV harrassment litigation coming. It never stops.