Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
He is a buy and hold investor. This doesn't look like a terrible entry point. It's certainly better than last month. Smile
(03-24-2020, 10:40 AM)stockguru Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 09:39 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 09:19 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 08:53 AM)divmenow Wrote: I finally took a position in MMM this morning at $121.40. I figured this thigh has been down for a long time. Worst may be behind them now and they are ramping up production due to the Corona. This will now become a 5-10 year hold.
Nothing wrong with that plan.  I don't think they are anywhere near done blowing earnings reports, but this entry will work long term.  I've been adding on the hard dips and have a low basis.  If the market dips much more folks will just yawn when these companies blow earnings.  They just need the liquidity so massive loans don't have to happen to stay in business and avoid div cuts.      

I sold all my BWA today for a significant loss.  I'll need to find a stock with far less headwinds that is also down 30%.  That shouldn't be very challenging if I wait for the stimulus spike to wear off.

The restaurant buys last week look good.  I still have plenty of shares left.  CBRL is on fire and I have a full position.  Left WEN too early but it wasn't a bad trade at all.

Im liking PM at these levels as well. Thoughts?
All company’s will be blowing earnings at this juncture lol. But my thinking is MMM will get a pass since they have blown so many; so wall st is use to it haha!! But really I think this company in a few quarters will get it together. In the mean time you can wait it out with that yield.

Im liking PM at these levels as well. Thoughts?
Nice buy in on MMM.

Question. I was thinking of buying WMT and COST. Both of these companies I see benefiting from the virus. COST especially because many have to buy in bul to stock up. Both are down today as are most retailers. What your thoughts on WMT and COST? 

FYI: My 2 shares each from yesterday's purchases are doing very well  Big Grin
You should celebrate and buy yourself something nice.  If you order today, AMZN might be able to deliver some toilet paper by early May.  Smile
New buy today on CSCO. Seems to be trying to put a bottom in. Anyone else like it at these levels?
(03-24-2020, 11:06 AM)stockguru Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 11:00 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Added to T and VZ.  Even in a recession or quarantine, people will pay their cell phone bills.

Agreed. But what about all the business and homes who wont be able to afford internet or cable. That extra $150 a month will no longer be affordable either and you will cut backs. Couldn't that happen as well? Also if people aren't buying any more apple phones at $1000+ wont that hurt sales as well?

That's a consideration, but I'm not stressing about it.  In 20 years, I'll be glad I did this.  There's also a chance that more people buy DirecTV (AT&T) because they're stuck at home.
Bought CNP as well. Looks too cheap to ignore at these levels.
I would prefer it on a down day but it's one of the safest tech plays you are going to find right now.

I have 15 stocks up 15%+ today and about five of those are up 20-25%. I am going to savor this rare day before the next locust plague arrives by next week lol. Smile
(03-24-2020, 11:18 AM)kblake Wrote: New buy today on CSCO. Seems to be trying to put a bottom in. Anyone else like it at these levels?

It's about $37 today, which is good.  I wish I would've picked it up a few days ago when it was below $33.
Bought some shares in PSX. At these levels I can wait out the storm

Sold RDS.B after getting in an average of $21.80. I don't want to own more then 3 oil stocks lol This was suppose to be a long term hold but couldn't pass up a profit

CVX, PSX and EOG. That's all for now

Looking to scoop up some PM and BIP
(03-24-2020, 11:47 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some shares in PSX. At these levels I can wait out the storm

Sold RDS.B after getting in an average of $21.80. I don't want to own more then 3 oil stocks lol This was suppose to be a long term hold but couldn't pass up a profit

Sometime you gotta take what the market gives you.  The volatility is historical.  You can practically day trade UTEs and Oil lately.  That's not normal.  I intend to stay mostly long but when the market will hand me 15% or more in days, I remind myself that's a pretty good year for a buy and hold position.  Especially in sectors that have no narrative that allows them to explode to the upside anytime soon.  RDS.B could double.  The chances of that happening in 2021 are not much.  Even from way down here.
(03-24-2020, 12:13 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 11:47 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some shares in PSX. At these levels I can wait out the storm

Sometime you gotta take what the market gives you.  The volatility is historical.  You can practically day trade UTEs and Oil lately.  That's not normal.  I intend to stay mostly long but when the market will hand me 15% or more in days, I remind myself that's a pretty good year for a buy and hold position.  Especially in sectors that have no narrative that allows them to explode to the upside anytime soon.  RDS.B could double.  The chances of that happening in 2021 are not much.  Even from way down here.

RDS. B could very double from here. In fact all stocks may double from here. Take you pick  Big Grin 

I just prefered PSX at these levels.

What no comment on PM lol
(03-24-2020, 12:15 PM)divmenow Wrote:

RDS. B could very double from here. In fact all stocks may double from here. Take you pick  Big Grin 

Other stocks have an actual thesis to double that I can comprehend.  I'm tired of delusional oil trader pipe dreams. I've allowed myself to get sucked into that for the last time.  Trades only and I need more blood in the streets, as if this isn't bad enough lol.

Tobacco is a trade as well.  I know these are fighting words here but there is no long-term upside hold.  They are nothing but dividend and GOV tax whores that will constantly defend themselves.  The past doesn't matter to me.   

Was that opinion clear enough?   Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(03-24-2020, 12:43 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 12:15 PM)divmenow Wrote:

Other stocks have an actual thesis to double that I can comprehend.  I'm tired of delusional oil trader pipe dreams. I've allowed myself to get sucked into that for the last time.  Trades only and I need more blood in the streets, as if this isn't bad enough lol.

Tobacco is a trade as well.  I know these are fighting words here but there is no long-term upside hold.  They are nothing but dividend and GOV tax whores that will constantly defend themselves.  The past doesn't matter to me.   

Was that opinion clear enough?   Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Not really what I was looking for soooooo Nooooo  Big Grin 

I actually think tobacco will do well in this environment. People are on lockdown and will smoke even more now to calm their nerves lol.  PM at these levels are a steal. Much better play then restaurants which have already run from the bottom.