Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
You knew the dividend suspensions were coming. DRI and F that I know of. Many more coming. I try to follow my rules so F is gone. More than one way to skin a cat. I'll sell a put and get my F dividend back today. Probably a one day option on MO so I can collect the premium and get forced in so I can also lock in on the MO x-div date next Wednesday.
Wow big bounce up days for stocks like SPG, DRI, SPG, FDX, OHI, WEN, and lots of otters. Tech as well

But defense stocks like LMT and NOC suffering today.,
The day is young lol.
added to RDS.b at $21/share. Crazy that it was just at $60.
And an order for AMNF just went through at $2.30
For now I have to stay out of my "real crash" cash I have set aside for Armageddon. I can't really buy many more shares. I know this is a DGI forum so if my conservative option income game posts bug you please speak up and I'll stop. I'm concerned I am going to lose some of my dividends so I am playing some cash generating tricks with a part of positions.

Just sold 100 shares of PFE for 31.65. Immediately sold a put so I am now committed to buying back the 100 shares for 31.50 until tomorrow. Received $97 cash now for assuming the risk of buying back the shares I didn't intend to sell anyway. In my mind that's a 3% dividend for one day. If PFE goes to the moon by tomorrow I lose. High volatility is the only reason this works.
(03-19-2020, 09:44 AM)fenders53 Wrote: For now I have to stay out of my "real crash" cash I have set aside for Armageddon.  I can't really buy many more shares.  I know this is a DGI forum so if my conservative option income game posts bug you please speak up and I'll stop.  I'm concerned I am going to lose some of my dividends so I am playing some cash generating tricks with a part of positions.  

Just sold 100 shares  of PFE for 31.65.  Immediately sold a put so I am now committed to buying back the 100 shares for 31.50 until tomorrow.  Received $97 cash now for assuming the risk of buying back the shares I didn't intend to sell anyway.  In my mind that's a 3% dividend for one day.  If PFE goes to the moon by tomorrow I lose.  High volatility is the only reason this works.

Your basically day trading.... But in these times. Every $10 counts lol. I know nothing about options. I just strickly buy, hold, or sell. 

PFE anything in the $30-31 range is a buy and hold. I'm, not worried about making pennies when i can make 100's in a few years  Big Grin

Times like this you can only sit tight and not look. Add to the good ones and sell the bad ones and add to better buys. lol. I sold all my oil because I didn't have the patience to wait 10 years to get my money back or sit through dividend cuts. lol 

I can party today. At least my WEN, MCD and CBRL all all up. For now that is lol. But still down 50% haha

Bought some NOC at $291 this morning. Just 7 shares to start
Added to T this morning.
(03-19-2020, 10:18 AM)stockguru Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 09:44 AM)fenders53 Wrote: For now I have to stay out of my "real crash" cash I have set aside for Armageddon.  I can't really buy many more shares.  I know this is a DGI forum so if my conservative option income game posts bug you please speak up and I'll stop.  I'm concerned I am going to lose some of my dividends so I am playing some cash generating tricks with a part of positions.  

Just sold 100 shares  of PFE for 31.65.  Immediately sold a put so I am now committed to buying back the 100 shares for 31.50 until tomorrow.  Received $97 cash now for assuming the risk of buying back the shares I didn't intend to sell anyway.  In my mind that's a 3% dividend for one day.  If PFE goes to the moon by tomorrow I lose.  High volatility is the only reason this works.

Your basically day trading.... But in these times. Every $10 counts lol. I know nothing about options. I just strickly buy, hold, or sell. 

PFE anything in the $30-31 range is a buy and hold. I'm, not worried about making pennies when i can make 100's in a few years  Big Grin

Times like this you can only sit tight and not look. Add to the good ones and sell the bad ones and add to better buys. lol. I sold all my oil because I didn't have the patience to wait 10 years to get my money back or sit through dividend cuts. lol 

I can party today. At least my WEN, MCD and CBRL all all up. For now that is lol. But still down 50% haha

Bought some NOC at $291 this morning. Just 7 shares to start
I know you are right.  I own 500 shares of PFE so if I can turn a $100 on 100 shares in a day when the stock id down anyway I am going to do it lol.  I do this before work when I can.  If I can turn a quick $500 while I am drinking coffee before work I do it. I'm just selling one day insurance to people that are a lot more worried than I am.  This doesn't work nearly this well on conservative stocks unless the volatility is stupid high like now.  My option premiums crush my dividend income without taking any real risk.
Bought JNJ at $126.40
Added to O and WPC
I think rally coming to short cap. Big caps will take a hit or will be shorted on a next down day. Other than GD all my purchases are green from yesterday, good for a change.

@EricL I think you should have stayed in oxy as well. Saudis and Russians can't survive $25 oil either.