Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(03-16-2020, 02:09 PM)vbin Wrote: PE still not attractive enough for some companies. Would love jnj below 10 PE, lol.

I would, too, but doubt it will happen. Even at the March, 2009 lows, P/E only dropped to 10.96 according to FAST Graphs.
(03-16-2020, 02:23 PM)Otter Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 02:09 PM)vbin Wrote: PE still not attractive enough for some companies. Would love jnj below 10 PE, lol.

I would, too, but doubt it will happen. Even at the March, 2009 lows, P/E only dropped to 10.96 according to FAST Graphs.

JNJ has held up will but if they have just a few more court battles with Opioids this thing could tank much further. Just too much risk still with a PE of 24. 

Market tanking again late in the day. We could trigger another halted seccion again tomorrow. The market should just go down 4000 points the next several days and wipe everyone out so we can go up again lol

I cant believe some of these reits like OHI, VTR, O WELL, and others. Trading like there all going out of business.
In for a big position in WEN at $12.65.

Did a little buying as well in KO, D, BTI, AWK, HD
(03-16-2020, 02:39 PM)kblake Wrote: In for a big position in WEN at $12.65.

Did a little buying as well in KO, D, BTI, AWK, HD

I finally have a restaurant stock brother lol.  That entry will work out.  I just nibbled today above 13.  I'll get serious around 12 for sure.
Now, you listen to me! I want trading reopened right now. Get those brokers back in here! Turn those machines back on! Mortimer Duke

Trump spoke and we went down an extra 600 points and closed at the lows... Mine as well take the market down another 3000 tomorrow. Why not just keep the buys coming lol
Bought GPC for the first time
Some of my limit orders finally hit the mark and I bought RDS.B, WELL, PEAK, WFC
(03-16-2020, 03:02 PM)divmenow Wrote: Now, you listen to me! I want trading reopened right now. Get those brokers back in here! Turn those machines back on! Mortimer Duke

LOL! Tongue
(03-16-2020, 03:02 PM)divmenow Wrote: Now, you listen to me! I want trading reopened right now. Get those brokers back in here! Turn those machines back on! Mortimer Duke

Trump spoke and we went down an extra 600 points and closed at the lows... Mine as well take the market down another 3000 tomorrow. Why not just keep the buys coming lol

LOL, as painful as it is to look at your total port value, the faster this thing drops close to it's final bottom the better off most of us will be.  I can live with a trading range that goes on for many months.  I just don't want to worry we are 5000 DOW pts from the bottom before I go all in.
Closed my puts. Sold JNJ again at 131, lol. Might open puts again if market rallies. Added, rds.b, WFC, AB, T and a little XOM

Opened a position in O at a lower price than I exited more than a year ago. Been waiting for it, lol. Added a little VOO, VWO, VYM, VNQ in my retirement account.
(03-16-2020, 05:49 PM)vbin Wrote: Closed my puts. Sold JNJ again at 131, lol. Might open puts again if market rallies. Added, rds.b, WFC, AB, T and a little XOM

Opened a position in O at a lower price than I exited more than a year ago. Been waiting for it, lol. Added a little VOO, VWO, VYM, VNQ in my retirement account.

I was thinking about buying a call, and shorting, rds.b, WFC, AB, T and a little XOM.  We'll meet back here tomorrow and see how it worked out.

Smile
(03-16-2020, 06:17 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 05:49 PM)vbin Wrote: Closed my puts. Sold JNJ again at 131, lol. Might open puts again if market rallies. Added, rds.b, WFC, AB, T and a little XOM

I was thinking about buying a call, and shorting, rds.b, WFC, AB, T and a little XOM.  We'll meet back here tomorrow and see how it worked out.

Smile
did u mean shorting RDS.b and WFC at these prices?