Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Fenders.
You are a wizard.

I successfully executed your strategy of setting a low ball offer to the open and hoping to fill it in the panic.
Bought JNJ at $122.80, now it's back up to $127 and change.
(and it'll probably be below $122.80 at close Tongue )
bought PFE, BTI, D, and KO so far lol
(03-16-2020, 08:40 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 08:39 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: I really should have a nice list. But I don't.
I have an order in for JNJ.
And then I'll be adding to another 3-5 companies that I already own.

same here.. I'm adding BTI, D and a few other this morning

(03-16-2020, 08:50 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Fenders.
You are a wizard.

I successfully executed your strategy of setting a low ball offer to the open and hoping to fill it in the panic.
Bought JNJ at $122.80, now it's back up to $127 and change.
(and it'll probably be below $122.80 at close Tongue )

Awesome!!!  Nothing always works but it you get a crazy low enough price on the opening panic you might be covered for another 500+ pts of market drop before it becomes a bad idea lol. People are desperate to get out on the open when the futures go limit down. It will look good eventually.
Initiated AFL, added a little bit of WPC
My first panic sell of the season.  I sold half my BP cheap today.  I see many more opportunities.  Too many stocks are down almost as much and I don't fear their dividend will go away.  Dividends are the only reason I bought oil so my thesis is at extreme risk.  Oil prices need to go WAY up and it's my opinion they are going nowhere but sideways or worse anytime soon.  I can get back in some other month if that makes sense.
(03-16-2020, 09:05 AM)fenders53 Wrote: My first panic sell of the season.  I sold half my BP cheap today.  I see many more opportunities.  Too many stocks are down almost as much and I don't fear their dividend will go away.  Dividends are the only reason I bought oil so my thesis is at extreme risk.  Oil prices need to go WAY up and it's my opinion they are going nowhere but sideways or worse anytime soon.  I can get back in some other month if that makes sense.

Ohhhh nooooo. Not you too. Panic selling. Take that walk of shame  Big Grin This is the time to buy buy buy. Now I know BP will going up from here  Big Grin

Did you buy anything today???

I'm watching NEE today and a few other names. Taking that 2 share approach lol
I'm done for today. Tongue
JNJ was the big one.
And smaller ones: LHX, BCE.to, BIP, Airbus.
You all loved CBRL at $120 now its $82. I just went there to eat over the weekend. It was dead. Everyone is staying indoors. So many people are scared and scared they should be. All these stocks are going to be buys of a lifetime. The question is when to get in? It feels were in a time warp right now. Some stocks now lower then where they were 5 years ago. Crazy~~!

You still ahead on FUN?? Looks like I will get another chance to buy now

Anyone getting trigger happy or waiting out the storm still?
I cant believe some of these buys right now. I bought CBRL at $90 and thought it was a bargain whoops lol

YUM, MCD, DRI, WEN, CBRL are getting crushed. There like pricing in more then fear

Those are on my watch list as well as

LMT, BA, AEP, D, GD, CVS, WBA, BMY, MO, LOW, and a few others I want to average down on

I bought a few names this morning. PFE, BTI, FNV, GOLD, KO, NEE
Bought some WTRG at $30.90 and BTI just under $30. Adding to my dividends at a discount. Just the way we like them
Yeah, it is crazy. But maybe not unreasonable when you consider just how much retail / individual economic activity all across the planet is grinding to a complete halt, probably for months at least. This is definitely new territory in my lifetime. The hard question is how much to pounce now versus waiting for even better opportunities.
Added to a lot of positions today. Still taking it slow so $500-$1000 buys. Market bounced for now but got in as many as I could type adding to some of my most beaten down stocks.

WELL-CBRL-WY-ENB-D-ALE-EXC-PPL-ABT

Started a position in WEN and WTRG. Holding onto my thesis major restaurant chains are not actually going out of business. Next dip I am adding to my Preferred Stock CEFs with high yields. They are crushed and mostly invested in safer Div payers.