Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(03-15-2020, 10:26 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 09:58 PM)vbin Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 09:13 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 08:27 PM)vbin Wrote: 2000 coming.

$2000 for 100 shares of XOM?

Calm down, it might not be that bad.   Big Grin
You have been thinking that since 3400. Look at what goldman is saying and put some thought into why.
Not sure what you meant by that?  If you mean my optimism, I'm guilty of being bullish long-term.  It's what DGI investors do.  I'll navigate the short-term, raise my DIV yield and the quality of my port, whether we go to 2000 or 1000.  I do trade for entertainment.  It's a very small part of my game.  I can start doing absolutely nothing with my investments at any time and it will be OK in the end.            

I'm just messing with you on XOM.  Smile  Wherever XOM goes my BP will be right there with them.  I'm going to attempt to lighten this thread up if you haven't noticed.  The market is stressful.  Scary stuff with the historic volatility and the news.
We are all guilty of the same thought. 5 years from now we will be laughing it off and be happy that we made some good bets. XOM is a pain in portfolio. I went in too fast even though u warned me.( I did slow down after that but it was late). I might buy XOM at $20 though. Oil bull is coming . End of the day it's a commodity and cyclical.
I would still recomend to check what goldman said and why, simple math, they are expecting a 130-140 earning on s&p and to sattle it arround 14 PE. That's ~ 2000. Given the circumstances, 135 earnings on s&p isnt far fetched.
Wow BA just keeps getting cheaper. $149 now. Lots of stocks lower In pre market then they were on Friday. Should I buy 1 share of BA and keep adding a share every 10 drop lol

The market is probably headed much lower. People are going to sell everything and then it will be flushed out..

But there will be some names I will adding too this morning if they drop big... hoping the UTES sell off. I want AEP, DUK and sone water companies.

Other names on my watch list to buy... BMY, ABT, PFE JNJ, WBA, LMT, LHX, GD, MO, BTI, WTRG, WM, WCN, HII, ZBH, SYK, TJX, PH, CMI, DHR, IBM, SBUX, PEP, KO, T, CMCSA, DIS, UPS, EPD, VLO, and do on lol

PFE under $30 I’m buying as well as BTI
(03-15-2020, 10:32 PM)vbin Wrote: I would still recomend to check what goldman said and why, simple math, they are expecting a 130-140 earning on s&p and to sattle it arround 14 PE. That's ~ 2000. Given the circumstances, 135 earnings on s&p isnt far fetched.
Weeks ago I accepted the fact that I was wrong.  Earnings will be absolutely devastated for most companies this year.  It doesn't affect my long-term investment thesis.  The market is not scared, it's terrified.  I will buy right through it.  I'll never time the bottom.  I'm not overly concerned where the bottom is.   I am going to start moving my crash fund so I can start averaging it in very soon.

I feel sorry for anyone that was supposed to retire this year. Companies do a horrible job of training their employees how to adjust their allocations. The bull market causes complacency.
(03-16-2020, 06:11 AM)divmenow Wrote: Wow BA just keeps getting cheaper.  $149 now. Lots of stocks lower In pre market then they were on Friday. Should I buy 1 share of BA and keep adding a share every 10 drop lol

The market is probably headed much lower.  People are going to sell everything and then it will be flushed out..

But there will be some names I will adding too this morning if they drop big... hoping the UTES sell off. I want AEP, DUK and sone water companies.

Other names on my watch list to buy... BMY, ABT, JNJ, WBA, LMT, LHX, GD, MO, BTI, WTRG, WM, WCN, HII, ZBH, SYK, TJX, PH, CMI, DHR, IBM, SBUX, PEP, KO, T, CMCSA, DIS, UPS, EPD, VLO, and do on lol
My buy list is overwhelming.  Techs are gonna give it up for real this week.  I haven't even started buying those.
(03-16-2020, 06:55 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 06:11 AM)divmenow Wrote: Wow BA just keeps getting cheaper.  $149 now. Lots of stocks lower In pre market then they were on Friday. Should I buy 1 share of BA and keep adding a share every 10 drop lol

The market is probably headed much lower.  People are going to sell everything and then it will be flushed out..

Other names on my watch list to buy... BMY, ABT, JNJ, WBA, LMT, LHX, GD, MO, BTI, WTRG, WM, WCN, HII, ZBH, SYK, TJX, PH, CMI, DHR, IBM, SBUX, PEP, KO, T, CMCSA, DIS, UPS, EPD, VLO, and do on lol
My buy list is overwhelming.  Techs are gonna give it up for real this week.  I haven't even started buying those.
I’m not touching tech either. The only tech I want would be MSFT under $100 and AAPL would get interesting under $150. But they have a long way to go before I dip my toes in.
(03-16-2020, 07:04 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 06:55 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

I’m not touching tech either. The only tech I want would be MSFT under $100 and AAPL would get interesting under $150. But they have a long way to go before I dip my toes in.
I may end up rotating into them from another sector.  It can wait.
Did anyone manage to get anything in the 30 seconds or so before we hit the first circuit breaker? xD
This is nuts.
(03-16-2020, 08:32 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Did anyone manage to get anything in the 30 seconds or so before we hit the first circuit breaker? xD
This is nuts.

nothing! Crazy I got my finger on the buy button. Come on open lol

What are you trying to buy Crimson?

8 min to open
(03-16-2020, 08:32 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Did anyone manage to get anything in the 30 seconds or so before we hit the first circuit breaker? xD
This is nuts.

No, I decided we are going lower after it re-opens because I know things like this.  LMAO not!!!  I always wanted to be an NYSE floor trader.  Good thing I never got my wish because I would have died from a coronary 10  years ago.  Smile  

Gonna buy me some fear when I get a chance today. Restaurants, amusement parks, airlines and rock concert auditoriums look safe. What are you guys looking to buy?

Everybody knows that was sarcasm right? And please tell CNBC to stop using that pic of the guy that looks like Bull from Night court, looking like he is gonna jump Smile
I really should have a nice list. But I don't.
I have an order in for JNJ.
And then I'll be adding to another 3-5 companies that I already own.
(03-16-2020, 08:39 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: I really should have a nice list. But I don't.
I have an order in for JNJ.
And then I'll be adding to another 3-5 companies that I already own.

same here.. I'm adding BTI, D and a few other this morning