Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(03-13-2020, 12:26 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 12:20 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 12:12 PM)divmenow Wrote: OHI is like a sinking ship, market is up big and it’s down almost $2. I wonder if they can continue to pay that high divined? Nursing homes are getting hit hard.   No position yet. Just watching and thinking lol

It's fear trading.  I own WELL with confidence.  It's damn near cut in half with price targets that are a double from here.  You know what to do, buy a couple shares today and keep an eye on it lol.

Why don't I just buy a couple of shares each of the best 50 Stocks. This way I'm covered and can hope to make $100 on each stock in 2-3 years lol. OHI I will wait for $15. The Conrona Virus isn't go away tomorrow is it lol
There is a good chance that strategy would work very well.  Going to have to run the couple shares thing past Guru though lol.
(03-13-2020, 12:28 PM)MikeWa Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 12:12 PM)divmenow Wrote: OHI is like a sinking ship, market is up big and it’s down almost $2. I wonder if they can continue to pay that high divined? Nursing homes are getting hit hard.   No position yet. Just watching and thinking lol

Most REITs are sinking, but especially healthcare or senior-house related. Below just few on my watch list.

The market is worried the REITs tenants will sue if the elderly get the coronavirus.  Somebody tell me how that isn't a risk every flu season when it kills many thousands annually.  I liked WELL when I was selling $90 covered calls against it a couple weeks ago.  I should love it now below $50.  I definitely added shares and may add more on the next red market day.  The fear trade is starting to get easier.  Just watch for an end to the freefall.
(03-13-2020, 12:17 PM)vbin Wrote: @fenders53 I haven't touched my oil other than what I bought last week. Oil will go up, $20 ain't sustainable, the question is 6months, 1 year or 2 years. Like u said, low oil prices kill low oil prices.
You are correct, $20 oil is definitely not sustainable.  We need sustainable $50 oil.  How is the gonna happen with your Corona/recession thesis?  Majors were dropping like a rock well south of 50 a barrel.  I no longer see a path.  Only good for trading and a small gambling position.  Admitting I made a mistake early enough is usually good for my portfolio's health.  Had I bought a major at this weeks prices, all would be well, but I missed by months along with most every active poster here.   I'm pretty confident in that statement.
(03-13-2020, 12:53 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 12:17 PM)vbin Wrote: @fenders53 I haven't touched my oil other than what I bought last week. Oil will go up, $20 ain't sustainable, the question is 6months, 1 year or 2 years. Like u said, low oil prices kill low oil prices.
You are correct, $20 oil is definitely not sustainable.  We need sustainable $50 oil.  How is the gonna happen with your Corona/recession thesis?  Majors were dropping like a rock well south of 50 a barrel.  I no longer see a path.  Only good for trading and a small gambling position.  Admitting I made a mistake early enough is usually good for my portfolio's health.  Had I bought a major at this weeks prices, all would be well, but I missed by months along with most every active poster here.   I'm pretty confident in that statement.
If trump really wants. He can do the same he did with China. Just put tarriffs on oil and boom overnight oil prices go to $50. U.s.a hardly has 20-30% oil surplus.

I don't think he is going to do that yet becouse cheap oil helps with economy. For short term there is pain but I am not convinced to take a loss on oil majors. This is going to rebound one or the other way.
(03-13-2020, 01:20 PM)vbin Wrote:
If trump really wants. He can do the same he did with China. Just put tarriffs on oil and boom overnight oil prices go to $50. U.s.a hardly has 20-30% oil surplus.

I don't think he is going to do that yet becouse cheap oil helps with economy. For short term there is pain but I am not convinced to take a loss on oil majors. This is going to  rebound one or the other way.
He has MANY times stated he wants cheap oil, and cheap gasoline.  It's here.  Paying frack worker unemployment benefits no big deal.  Just put it on our deficit tab.  Some other Prez can deal with it later.  Oil will rebound to $40-45 by late summer.  Not good enough for my failed oil investment thesis I once had.  I'm the bear now lol.
Added to OHI today.
I dipped into my dry powder and picked up TD, BNS, PRU, AFL, and CMI. It is shocking to see so many quality stocks under 10 P/E!!
Green-Green-Green! It's been a long time since 100% of my stocks were up for a day. Hope that makes some member weekends better. I bought nothing since the close yesterday. Buckle up for next week. Smile
(03-13-2020, 03:08 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Green-Green-Green!  It's been a long time since 100% of my stocks were up for a day.  Hope that makes some member weekends better.  I bought nothing since the close yesterday.  Buckle up for next week.  Smile

People were suckered into buying today.. Sell it all  Big Grin

I did some buying right before the close NEM and FNV

I know no one here buys gold but this sector just hit new highs and was sold off to raise cash. I'm excited to get the prices I did

Did some late buying and finally own a oil. Bought RDS.B as well as BEP and DUK
(03-13-2020, 03:21 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 03:08 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Green-Green-Green!  It's been a long time since 100% of my stocks were up for a day.  Hope that makes some member weekends better.  I bought nothing since the close yesterday.  Buckle up for next week.  Smile

People were suckered into buying today.. Sell it all  Big Grin

I did some buying right before the close NEM and FNV

I know no one here buys gold but this sector just hit new highs and was sold off to raise cash. I'm excited to get the prices I did

Did some late buying and finally own a oil. Bought RDS.B as well as BEP and DUK
FED was probably buying the index for the last hour.  Whatever works lol.  There were a couple stocks I could of bought today but I'll be patient.  Probably should of sold some but I am not going to trade for nickels when most of my stocks are still down at least a little, if not much more of course.  Today was huge though.  I had quite a few 10-15% movers today,  and I told you to buy FUN yesterday lol.
(03-13-2020, 01:27 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

I don't think he is going to do that yet becouse cheap oil helps with economy. For short term there is pain but I am not convinced to take a loss on oil majors. This is going to  rebound one or the other way.
He has MANY times stated he wants cheap oil, and cheap gasoline.  It's here.  Paying frack worker unemployment benefits no big deal.  Just put it on our deficit tab.  Some other Prez can deal with it later.  Oil will rebound to $40-45 by late summer.  Not good enough for my failed oil investment thesis I once had.  I'm the bear now lol.
He played very well then becouse he just announced we will be buying oil for strategic reserve, they can keep buying a million barrel a day for next 2 years. That's wonderful.
(03-13-2020, 04:28 PM)vbin Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 01:27 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

He played very well then becouse he just announced we will be buying oil for strategic reserve, they can keep buying a million barrel a day for next 2 years. That's wonderful.

Do some research on your math.  Tanks aren't that big and they are never anywhere near empty.  It will help this month though.  Better than a poke in the eye for sure.  Some more tanks would be good, but the US is always flush with oil so that may or may not make strategic sense.   

All that said it does help though, because when the Saudi discount takes affect in April we can't export oil profitably.  For now our oil has a buyer while OPEC and Russia come to their senses. (which I think they will)  Hopefully the frackers don't step up production tomorrow and unfix the remedy.  I'm not optimistic as they have loan payments.