• 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
yesterday added

AVGO
BMY
MO
RDS.B
WMB
Here's hoping you all have a GREEN day. I could use a break from all these buying opportunities. Smile
Sold XOM, RDS.B, OXY and CVX at the open. Made between 8-10% on the trades. That's how you do it. I made money in oil. Not many can say that lol

I will look to buy again on another dip
(03-10-2020, 08:45 AM)kblake Wrote: Sold XOM, RDS.B, OXY and CVX at the open. Made between 8-10% on the trades. That's how you do it. I made money in oil. Not many can say that lol

I will look to buy again on another dip

Well good for you Mister Pro Oil trader lol.  The timing is so tricky to trade them.  I have tried to figure out how to buy and hold them off and on for 30 years.  It's been a big fail.  The only time you can make real money is if you buy when everyone absolutely hates them.  The sky has to be black, not gray.  It's usually next month and not when you think the time is right.  Smile 

Seriously though I will have to sit and watch my BP shares suffer.  Wish me luck because I'm sure I'll need it.
And the market is now RED. I look like a genius as least for this day lol

My computer cant keep up with all the 52 week lows on my list lol
Bought CAT at $99.55
I waited all morning to buy and once we went RED I did I dipped my toes in

Bought DFS, RTN, CAT, CNI, DIS and WBA
Sold my CSCO near the high today. I lost money but it's not hard at all to add to some of my other positions down at least as much as CSCO even more. Trying to stick to the plan without making unnecessary moves. I desire to keep my total number of stocks reasonable. I do believe it's important to be able to track your investments earnings reports and actually know what is going on. I;ll be happier when my port is higher quality. CSCO is a good company I have owned most of the past 25 years, but they were struggling even before recent events. It's not going to get better anytime soon IMO. I'll most likely own it again.
I have been adding to Canadian banks a lot lately. Good entry yields, reliable dividend payers.
BA at $219 now. If it gets under $200 I’m buying more.

I wonder if Buffet has been putting all that cash to work yet? His latest buys on OXY and DAL are not fairing all that well. This would be time to be buying more oil on his side.

Anyway bought a few MCD and AVGO.
(03-10-2020, 12:42 PM)divmenow Wrote: BA at $219 now. If it gets under $200 I’m buying more.

I wonder if Buffet has been putting all that cash to work yet?  His latest buys on OXY and DAL are not fairing all that well. This would be time to be buying more oil on his side.

I'd bet BRK is still just nibbling.  DAL is stabilizing near enough to their entry.  His entry in OXY is part of their problem now with that lucrative deal for him.  Same with KHC.  I'm not attracted to his predatory financing entries of late.  He wins with no regard to common stock holders losing half their investment, or worse.  He doesn't have to take more than a fraction of our risk.   

Picked up just a little CAT, WELL AND NEE today. Other low ball offers pending.
(03-10-2020, 12:53 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 12:42 PM)divmenow Wrote: BA at $219 now. If it gets under $200 I’m buying more.

I wonder if Buffet has been putting all that cash to work yet?  His latest buys on OXY and DAL are not fairing all that well. This would be time to be buying more oil on his side.

I'd bet BRK is still just nibbling.  DAL is stabilizing near enough to their entry.  His entry in OXY is part of their problem now with that lucrative deal for him.  Same with KHC.  I'm not attracted to his predatory financing entries of late.  He wins with no regard to common stock holders losing half their investment, or worse.  He doesn't have to take more than a fraction of our risk.   

Picked up just a little CAT, WELL AND NEE today. Other low ball offers pending.
Nice on CAT. I love NEE as well but at 32x estimates doesn't that seem expensive to you? NEE is a must-have stock for ESG portfolios. That's not a reason to own it long term, but it explains why people will overpay for it as long as the mania for ESG continues. Nobody is owning it for yield or value. Some utilities have come down a lot in recent week. I bought DUK and AEP last week near the lows.