Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Bought starter positions in SHOP and TTD in my trading account.

I know they are both insanely overvalued, but the same was said about AMZN, and I've sat and watched that go from $50 to $2200 over the years.

I bought just one share of SHOP and two shares of TTD, so not going all-in by any means.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(02-19-2020, 09:47 AM)kblake Wrote: Aded UTX and took a new position in ETN. To me ETN is still very undervalued.

And Utilities are really getting over valued. I trimmed my positions. I only own NEE and D at this moment and wont add any new money until they correct. I know Eric just did a story on this sector.

I've been a Ute investor for about 30 years.  The run in share price is approaching historical, if it isn't there already.  Any hint of a rise in interest rates will almost certainly be ugly for the sector, but I see little risk of that scenario anytime soon.  I don't see spared like they usually are during recession.  Same could be said for overpriced consumer non-durables though.
sold all of my LB following the announcement (I've held for many years, so it's okay, even though I'm disappointed). Used the proceeds to add to GSK and MRK.
(02-19-2020, 04:14 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-19-2020, 09:47 AM)kblake Wrote: Aded UTX and took a new position in ETN. To me ETN is still very undervalued.

And Utilities are really getting over valued. I trimmed my positions. I only own NEE and D at this moment and wont add any new money until they correct. I know Eric just did a story on this sector.

I've been a Ute investor for about 30 years.  The run in share price is approaching historical, if it isn't there already.  Any hint of a rise in interest rates will almost certainly be ugly for the sector, but I see little risk of that scenario anytime soon.  I don't see spared like they usually are during recession.  Same could be said for overpriced consumer non-durables though.
I just think its going to be very hard to make money in UTES at current levels. They are all at historic vauations.

To me as much as oil is dead there's some bargains in that sector. There are like at levels where UTES were 3 years ago. I'm not a fan of XOM but I do like stocks like VLO and PSX. There have growth and all have a yield at over 4%. Why not just add to names like these?
Thoughts on Aaron's Inc ?
(02-20-2020, 11:09 AM)kblake Wrote:
(02-19-2020, 04:14 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

I just think its going to be very hard to make money in UTES at current levels. They are all at historic vauations.

To me as much as oil is dead there's some bargains in that sector. There are like at levels where UTES were 3 years ago. I'm not a fan of XOM but I do like stocks like VLO and PSX. There have growth and all have a yield at over 4%. Why not just add to names like these?

Just watch the balance sheet and debt.  That is where the devastating losses happen in oil more than about any sector. It
well.
fenders won't like this but added to Shell. (RDSA)
I will be adding more to it in the coming days/weeks if it keeps going lower. Sure, it's a super challenging environment for them currently and I think all oil companies will post a horrible Q1 due to this coronavirus thing. But I'm not saying no to a 7.3% yield (which is safe).
(02-21-2020, 08:19 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: well.
fenders won't like this but added to Shell. (RDSA)
I will be adding more to it in the coming days/weeks if it keeps going lower. Sure, it's a super challenging environment for them currently and I think all oil companies will post a horrible Q1 due to this coronavirus thing. But I'm not saying no to a 7.3% yield (which is safe).
LOL, I still own plenty of oil.  I just ordered a lucky rabbits foot key chain for everyone here.   Smile
(02-20-2020, 11:15 AM)saimash Wrote: Thoughts on Aaron's Inc ?

It's showed up on my screens a few times, but I've never bought.

Went with DG, TJX and ROST for discount retail instead.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Initial positions in VIAC, CFR, and NSRGY (my first annual dividend payer). Added to UPS and CODI.
(02-21-2020, 09:16 AM)EricL Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 11:15 AM)saimash Wrote: Thoughts on Aaron's Inc ?

It's showed up on my screens a few times, but I've never bought.

Went with DG, TJX and ROST for discount retail instead.

I think it would be a good buy around $40.5... I've just put a limit order for 150 shares at that price
We're all gonna die and the market will crash today!!!. Smile Is everyone ready to start shopping for shares? I think I am going to nibble here and there this AM. Who knows if the bottom is today or months from now?

In all seriousness, I was pretty sure the market was taking the virus too lightly, but this will pass. My first dollars will be invested in stocks that drop even though they aren't overly affected by the global economy. I would like to believe oil is about to hit a bottom soon.