Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added XOM, adding it slowly at this point. I think it might go.further down. I also have bunch of puts sold at 65, 66 on XOM
Added to CVX
Picked up MET and PFE
Thoughts on BOEING (BA) ?
I recently purchased 50 shares @ 322 and was happy that it had gone up to 342... Seeing how much it has got hammered, I'm getting a bit apprehensive now (with all the -ve publicity hitting Boeing and the additional 10 billion loan that they plan to take on).. Or what would be another better entry point to double down (considering its a fairly good company with steady dividends)
(01-21-2020, 04:18 PM)saimash Wrote: Thoughts on BOEING (BA) ?
I recently purchased 50 shares @ 322 and was happy that it had gone up to 342... Seeing how much it has got hammered, I'm getting a bit apprehensive now (with all the -ve publicity hitting Boeing and the additional 10 billion loan that they plan to take on).. Or what would be another better entry point to double down (considering its a fairly good company with steady dividends)

Still overvalued, I think.

[Image: sY5D5h7.png]

Based on current estimates, it's worth $235 at year-end 2020 with a P/E of 15, or $299 at its 10-year historical average P/E of 19.11. With all the bad news lately, I'm not sure the stock will be able to command its customary P/E premium.

I'm continuing to hold my shares. Blended cost basis in the $130s
(01-17-2020, 02:43 PM)stockguru Wrote: Anyone own GILD? Just was wondering your thoughts? Looks cheap but it may be cheap for a reason.

Yes, and I continue to add from time to time at these prices. 

[Image: Rv7CRbn.png]

Currently selling below (8.96 P/E using FAST Graphs' blended basis) its 10yr average P/E of 10.83. Even with forecast flat to negative earnings growth through year-end 2021, selling well below its implied value of $72.05 by year-end 2021 at a P/E of 10.83. 

The real question is whether GILD can find some catalyst to stabilize/grow its earnings again, as it is earnings growth that ultimately supports dividend growth. Dividend does not look to be in trouble based on present forecasts, and is well covered by existing earnings, and even forecast declining earnings.
(01-21-2020, 04:18 PM)saimash Wrote: Thoughts on BOEING (BA) ?

I have no doubts that over the super long-term, Boeing will be fine. 
But I'm definitely staying away at these prices. It's still expensive, even though its #1 product is basically banned all over the world. And we truly have no idea when it'll be allowed to fly again, people love to guess but the truth is that no one knows. 

Every day that goes on they are losing market share, bleeding massive amounts of cash as well as accumulating yet more compensation payments that need to be made. We have no idea how much those compensations will be but I have a pretty strong feeling that they will be massive. 

It could get a lot worse before it gets any better but as I said, I think they will be fine in the long term. That is just my view though.
Added to ABBV, VTR and UTX
Otter's BA Fast Graph chart says it all. No numerical measure justifies BA current SP. It's index position in this euphoric market has spared it so far. IMO they are trying to finance the next few dividends and avoid layoffs. They'll be fine, and I'll go long in the end. Nobody knows when "in the end" is. Trust isn't regained overnight, and 40% of their income stream is deeply in doubt for years. They have issues in the defense contract side as well. They owe some compensatory money to a whole lot of people.

Nibbling some high div stocks that haven't run too far. Adding some shares and/or selling puts in PFE, IP,ADM,OLN,DOW today. Having a LOT of trouble finding places to employ excess cash.
(01-22-2020, 01:10 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Otter's BA Fast Graph chart says it all.  No numerical measure justifies BA current SP.  It's index position in this euphoric market has spared it so far.  IMO they are trying to finance the next few dividends and avoid layoffs.  They'll be fine, and I'll go long in the end.  Nobody knows when "in the end" is.  Trust isn't regained overnight, and 40% of their income stream is deeply in doubt for years.  They have issues in the defense contract side as well. They owe some compensatory money to a whole lot of people.

Nibbling some high div stocks that haven't run too far.  Adding some shares and/or selling puts in BA,IP,ADM,OLN,DOW today.  having a LOT of trouble finding places to employ excess cash.

Thanks... Its in my IRA and hence I have no plans of using the money for at least 15 years... Will wait and watch and if it does truly tank as Otter's chart states, will probably do another entry of 25 - 50 shares around the 240$ mark
I have similar thoughts as fenders53 on Boeing. I might buy it under $230 if it falls to that level(conditions applied). Given the recent news it seems they have a cultural problem.in some part of their organization. These problems are usually not limited to 1 project and can take years to be fixed. More stuff might be out. I just hope no one has to loose their life or get injured for those problems to surface.
Added XOM and WFC. Comparing between 2 where to put my money purely based on numbers, it seems that WFC is a way better choice.