Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
New position in MPW. Med REIT sector is getting hit pretty hard lately.
Added to ABBV and BMY
added to IRM, STOR, MO and BMY
I love how they they keep ruining the tech stocks up without any news. One of these days there going to come crashing back down to earth. I am so tempted to sell AAPL here at $300 lol

Meanwhile the rest of the market is down. I sold a few names that were getting over valued and bought some TGT, SKT, IRM, SPG and XOM
(01-02-2020, 03:40 PM)stockguru Wrote: I love how they they keep ruining the tech stocks up without any news. One of these days there going to come crashing back down to earth. I am so tempted to sell AAPL here at $300 lol

Meanwhile the rest of the market is down. I sold a few names that were getting over valued and bought some TGT, SKT, IRM, SPG and XOM

You have to ask yourself what you will honestly do with the proceeds from AAPL, or any other extremely high quality stock.  About the only advice I have to offer is if you sell quality, sell it gradually.  Earnings growth is not going to justify some of the high flyer's multiples.  If a few miss earnings it will be instantly ugly.  If we only knew when that happens.  Smile
added to GILD

I very rarely sell, maybe once a year, usually sell something just can't remember what it was, if it happened at all...99% sure. This year I'm going to try to not sell anything, and remember lol.
Sold some VHYAX.
Purchased starter position in OXLC.
Minor Add to PCI, finishing my position.

Reasoning (If you're interested):

Two years ago, I decided to start a dividend/income portfolio. VHYAX was my first purchase. Since then, I bought several individual stocks that overlap in exposure with VHYAX. I decided to reallocate my profits from VHYAX to lessen the doubled exposure.

OXLC is my high risk, high yield purchase for 2019. Although, I'm already starting to get cold feed. By investing a very high yield CEF, I can invest in lower yielding, lower beta stocks with the rest of my portfolio and still reach my dividend income goals.

I "moved" PCI into my Roth IRA and finished out my position.
Initial position in PAG.
Started a position in CCU this morning.
Opened a Full Position in OXY.

Over the past couple of years, M&As have produced good value for me. IMHO, OXY is in this category and has bottomed out. Plus, I locked in a ~7.4% yield. I would've bought sooner, but waited for my Roth IRA contribution to reset for 2020.
Made quite a few buys before the closing bell:

ABC (new position)
AVGO (new position)
LYB
ORCL (new position)
PFE
SJM
WBA
XOM
What's up with this buying spree? I don't recall seeing this much activity here in ages!
Did everyone just win the lottery or is there another reason for this apparent higher than normal inflow of cash into ATH stock prices?