Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to OZK and SKT this morning.
Added a new position in RHP this morning at $85
Added to BTI this morning.
Also added to CTVA
Finally sold NOV (should have done it long ago) and picked up initial positions in STX, CBRL, and KEY.
Started a position in WTR today. Low yield, sky high PE, and my broker has a table pounding sell rating on it so why not? Smile
I keep adding to BMY and MO. I think both are headed higher.

Bought some GILD as well
(12-10-2019, 12:45 PM)ChadR Wrote: Finally sold NOV (should have done it long ago) and picked up initial positions in STX, CBRL, and KEY.

Glad you got out of NOV Chad.  I think it's gonna get even worse.  The entire sub-sector has been a rough ride for five years.  Just have to put those in the rear view mirror.    

Initiated WEC and added a bit to some  of my other UTEs.  Nothing compelling at all.  Just dollar costing my positions closer to where I want them.
(12-10-2019, 01:41 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Started a position in WTR today.  Low yield, sky high PE, and my broker has a table pounding sell rating on it so why not?  Smile

Don't forget the relatively low growth rates and the increased risk profile now that they are dealing with gas in addition to water! 

(WTR is and has always been one of my top 5 holdings)
(12-10-2019, 05:48 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 01:41 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Started a position in WTR today.  Low yield, sky high PE, and my broker has a table pounding sell rating on it so why not?  Smile

Don't forget the relatively low growth rates and the increased risk profile now that they are dealing with gas in addition to water! 

(WTR is and has always been one of my top 5 holdings)

Thanks Crimson, I feel better now..... not.   Wink  

WTR has been a good stock for about anyone who ever invested.  I'll just nibble here and there because it's gonna take Armageddon for it to ever meet my buy criteria.  Same feeling I got when I bought a few other high quality stocks way too high.  Probably work out but I'm not backing up the truck for too many shares here.
yeah it has been a great performer. I did most of my buying in the low to mid 30's range. Unfortunately it's not going to get anywhere near that anytime soon, quite possibly never. I don't really like to buy it at these levels, I think I've made one small purchase of WTR in the past year or so just to make sure it stays one of my bigger holdings.

The price might be way too high but it's not like you can grab a water utility with a decent price these days. They are all too expensive.
(12-11-2019, 12:53 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: yeah it has been a great performer. I did most of my buying in the low to mid 30's range. Unfortunately it's not going to get anywhere near that anytime soon, quite possibly never. I don't really like to buy it at these levels, I think I've made one small purchase of WTR in the past year or so just to make sure it stays one of my bigger holdings.

The price might be way too high but it's not like you can grab a water utility with a decent price these days. They are all too expensive.

I agree.  Seems you are going to pay for the safety of a water utility. Our regulated power companies are getting more like that over here.  You don't get safety and a high yield in a sub 12 PE stock anymore.  You usually get a company with too many fleas.

And this supports the DRIP debate.  Forcing yourself to add a few shares along the way to your winners.