Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(11-20-2019, 04:01 PM)divmenow Wrote: How about that run in TGT?  Wow Amazon who lol

My third-best performer on total return, behind BA and LLY. 125% return since Amazon bankrupted them in 2017.
TGT looks really strong headed into holiday season. Retail has been all over the map lately. Kohl's stunk it up. I was pretty sure HD was going to return to reality some earnings report soon. They have extracted about all you can get out of XXX square footage. LOW reported basically the same growth #s and the stock headed up. I haven't compared PEs but HD's is pretty nuts right now.
Added to ABBV and LTC
Any takers for ETFC?
Added a bit of VTR at 5.5% yield
Picked up an initial position in DIS this morning.
Added to BMY and HON
Initial position in SKT. With Otter performing his hostile takeover of them, I figured I better get a few shares while there were some left.

Added to my XOM position.
(11-22-2019, 10:58 AM)ChadR Wrote: Initial position in SKT.  With Otter performing his hostile takeover of them, I figured I better get a few shares while there were some left.

Added to my XOM position.

Get in while you can Chad.  Word on the street is Otter is planning to start a short squeeze on Christmas Eve to ruin the shorties Christmas.   Be ready to sell your shares at $60.  Big Grin
(11-19-2019, 06:45 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-19-2019, 01:49 PM)stockguru Wrote: I bought a basket of 10 biotech's today.  Some names I purchased are ACAD, ALXN and INCY, I narrowed it down after researching 100's lol

This is a space I have been looking into for a while now.  Anyone own any names in this industry? I'm not talking about CELG, GILD, ABBV ect. I'm talking about the speculative ones lol

Your own little Biotech mutual fund.  Are you accepting new investors lol?  Honestly that is the only way to do it.  Make a big bet on one stock and you'll lose.  I like your plan if you are going to invest in the sector.  You'll have to be willing to ride them all into the dirt because that's where most of them will end up.  1 1/2 winners will probably get you profitable.

I bought a few names in this space today. With the market over valued I had to put my money to work somewhere. I follow like 100 names in the industry and some are risky yes, but if you can find the names that have a deep pipeline and cash you can do very well in this industry. 

I have done well with SGEN, ILMN  and NBIX.  So I added 4 other names to my portfolio.
Initiated a position in CNP and added on XOM before thanksgiving. Happy holidays!
Got back from vacation and added to my CSCO position this morning.