Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to PRU this morning.
I also added a single share of SKT, in aid of my hostile takeover bid.
I bought a basket of 10 biotech's today. Some names I purchased are ACAD, ALXN and INCY, I narrowed it down after researching 100's lol

This is a space I have been looking into for a while now. Anyone own any names in this industry? I'm not talking about CELG, GILD, ABBV ect. I'm talking about the speculative ones lol
(11-19-2019, 08:27 AM)NilesMike Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 04:38 PM)NilesMike Wrote: Started an initial position in PRU, 93.34

PRU and MET are very good income stocks.  Seemingly stuck in a trading range but you know what to do about that.

I've been using an IQT style method on this part of the portfolio. Buying at the high end of dividend yield range and selling covered calls at the low end of the dividend yield. I don't sell the puts because I want to be certain to be in these for the income and the capital ride to the other side of their channel.
[/quote]

Not sure what style I use, but I'll call it straddling a long position.  I keep a half position long in MET which is 200 shares.  Sell covered calls on the top end of the range, puts on the bottom.  I'm OK with owning 400 shares and that will happen someday.  In the meantime I'm about 15-0 selling options that expire worthless on PRU and MET.  I'd settle for a far worse outcome.  If only there were many more stocks I felt this confident in a trading range.  Smile
(11-19-2019, 01:49 PM)stockguru Wrote: I bought a basket of 10 biotech's today.  Some names I purchased are ACAD, ALXN and INCY, I narrowed it down after researching 100's lol

This is a space I have been looking into for a while now.  Anyone own any names in this industry? I'm not talking about CELG, GILD, ABBV ect. I'm talking about the speculative ones lol

Your own little Biotech mutual fund.  Are you accepting new investors lol?  Honestly that is the only way to do it.  Make a big bet on one stock and you'll lose.  I like your plan if you are going to invest in the sector.  You'll have to be willing to ride them all into the dirt because that's where most of them will end up.  1 1/2 winners will probably get you profitable.
Opened a starter position in CRON this morning. Not a dividend payer. Pure speculation.
Sold puts on lbrands for 15.5 expiring this Friday. If got assigned, I am happy to enter at $14.5.
Added a new position in NVO.
Added a bit of TXN
Started to address my "too cashy" problem today.

25% position in MMM-HON-TXN Need a real dip to add much to them. Hoping these will be core positions.

Sold a few covered puts as well MMM-HON-PRU-PEP-KO-ADM-T-ENB-AAL-PPL
How about that run in TGT? Wow Amazon who lol
Sold off my TGT at ~105 after a great run. Thinking if I made a mistake, lol.