Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Also added some OZK. Think that'll do it for the day.
(11-15-2019, 10:54 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 10:16 AM)Otter Wrote: A little more bottom fishing this morning. Added to BTI, MO, PRU, and SKT.

You must be on the SKT board of directors by now  Big Grin

His buys have started showing on on the insider trading sites.  This has turned into a dare lol.  I have one account where I'm legal to go short.  You're on my radar Otter. Smile
(11-15-2019, 11:05 AM)EricL Wrote: Rolled over a ROTH IRA to Fidelity and converted a mutual fund to dividend growth and a couple pure growth stocks. I went with some names that I've long watched but didn't own yet.

Here are my buys:

BLK, CNI, CTAS, ECL, ENB, FISV, GD, ICE, LHX, NKE, OKE, ORLY, OZK, PRI, SHW, SYK, TJX, TSCO, ULTA, and ZTS.

Also bought a share each of DGRO, SCHD, SPHD, and VIG as a comparison tracker going forward.

Kinda liberating to do that isn't it?  I'm still gradually pulling the trigger a year later.  You aren't messing around lol.  I need to look up a few of those tickers and I like your overall  investment style.
added to my VTR holding
(11-15-2019, 08:32 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 11:05 AM)EricL Wrote: Rolled over a ROTH IRA to Fidelity and converted a mutual fund to dividend growth and a couple pure growth stocks. I went with some names that I've long watched but didn't own yet.

Here are my buys:

BLK, CNI, CTAS, ECL, ENB, FISV, GD, ICE, LHX, NKE, OKE, ORLY, OZK, PRI, SHW, SYK, TJX, TSCO, ULTA, and ZTS.

Also bought a share each of DGRO, SCHD, SPHD, and VIG as a comparison tracker going forward.

Kinda liberating to do that isn't it?  I'm still gradually pulling the trigger a year later.  You aren't messing around lol.  I need to look up a few of those tickers and I like your overall  investment style.
Dgro is one of my favorites. It's hard to argue with a cheap fund that has my exact dividend growth metrics in it's prospectus.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Started an initial position in IRM.
Added to NNN, SIX and MO
I bought some SIX, AEP and added to CAH. Wow I took SIX off my watch lost a while back. The dividend raise marks the 10th annual increase in the past 9 years. They are also opening up the new China theme park next month which should do well. They are not going bankrupt lol. They nearly bought FUN last month. They had a hiccup last month in earnings, but they will get back on track. I will take the 7% yield while I wait it out. Insiders buying as well.
Started an initial position in PRU, 93.34
(11-07-2019, 12:45 PM)Otter Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 09:55 AM)divmenow Wrote: UPS is on fire. How much further can it go? I got in at $97.  Happy for now lol

Looks slightly overvalued at the moment on FASTGraphs (P/E of 16.33 using their blended basis for calculating P/E). If it rises to its 10yr average P/E of 18.9, that implies a value of $142. Granted, the entire past decade in which that average was calculated has been a bull market and expanding economy. Even at the bottom of the market in March, 2009, and during the most recent big dip in May, P/E hasn't dipped below roughly 12.5, which suggests a floor in the $90s. 

My last purchases were during the May/June '19 and December '18 dips. Cost basis of $104. I'll buy more if it drops under $112 (P/E of 15).

(11-18-2019, 04:38 PM)NilesMike Wrote: Started an initial position in PRU, 93.34

PRU and MET are very good income stocks.  Seemingly stuck in a trading range but you know what to do about that.
Sold a portion of AVGO and added an initial position of OZK.
(11-18-2019, 04:38 PM)NilesMike Wrote: Started an initial position in PRU, 93.34

PRU and MET are very good income stocks.  Seemingly stuck in a trading range but you know what to do about that.
[/quote]

I've been using an IQT style method on this part of the portfolio. Buying at the high end of dividend yield range and selling covered calls at the low end of the dividend yield. I don't sell the puts because I want to be certain to be in these for the income and the capital ride to the other side of their channel.