Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(10-25-2019, 02:22 PM)Kerim Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 10:47 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Bought into Airbus.
Business is great and I have a feeling it'll only get better with Boeing screwing themselves up in so many ways.
Brexit and the workers unions in France and Germany bring a bit of risk into this one but I think it'll be a good bet in the long term.

For all the "screwing up," the stock never took a big enough hit to reach a price that I wanted to get in. This is another name I'd like in my stable, but just gonna have to wait until the next big "sequester" or something...

I had the same intent.  I am absolutely shocked BA never touched sub $300.  Everybody knows it's a a duopoly and it's too big to fail.  They are going to post up some more very ugly numbers.  Apparently it doesn't matter.  Same goes for the JNJ train wreck though.   It deserves to visit $100 but it won't IMO.

Nothing wrong with the Airbus purchase.  If the 737 Max doesn't certify soon they'll pick up some sales at some point.
(10-25-2019, 07:22 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Nothing wrong with the Airbus purchase.  If the 737 Max doesn't certify soon they'll pick up some sales at some point.

The funny thing is, I'm not sure if new orders even matter. Their equivalent for the 737max, the A320Neo, is ridiculously overbooked. In september they pushed out 40 A320Neo aircraft to customers. Now I'm not sure if that is an average month or not, but if that is indeed the average (though I know they are looking at increasing it) then the backlog is over a decade long without a single new order. Not sure if that number includes the 100 planes Spirit ordered earlier this week. :p

I do agree with you guys about Boeing's price. It never came down to a reasonable level, even with all of the mistakes. It's not only the MCAS issues, it's the poor management of those issues, the recent issues with the FAA, the issues with parts of the plane (I think it was a different version of the 737) having some cracks etc.
(10-25-2019, 01:49 PM)Otter Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 01:34 PM)stockguru Wrote: I can’t even buy airbus lol. Is that air.be ?

Ticker is EADSY in the U.S. Traded OTC/Pink sheets. Shares are listed in the Netherlands, so your dividends are subject to 15% withholding tax per the tax treaty between the U.S. and Netherlands.

Actually the shares themselves are listed in Germany, France and Spain, not the Netherlands. The ticker is AIR in all of the locations.
The company is headquartered in the Netherlands so the tax issue is as Otter stated, 15% withholding.

This is how funky Europe can be. Big Grin
(10-26-2019, 01:02 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 01:34 PM)stockguru Wrote: I can’t even buy airbus lol. Is that air.be ?

Ticker is EADSY in the U.S. Traded OTC/Pink sheets. Shares are listed in the Netherlands, so your dividends are subject to 15% withholding tax per the tax treaty between the U.S. and Netherlands.

Actually the shares themselves are listed in Germany, France and Spain, not the Netherlands. The ticker is AIR in all of the locations.
The company is headquartered in the Netherlands so the tax issue is as Otter stated, 15% withholding.

Ameritrade is off, then. It lists EADSY as registered in The Netherlands.
(10-26-2019, 12:53 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 07:22 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Nothing wrong with the Airbus purchase.  If the 737 Max doesn't certify soon they'll pick up some sales at some point.

The funny thing is, I'm not sure if new orders even matter. Their equivalent for the 737max, the A320Neo, is ridiculously overbooked. In september they pushed out 40 A320Neo aircraft to customers. Now I'm not sure if that is an average month or not, but if that is indeed the average (though I know they are looking at increasing it) then the backlog is over a decade long without a single new order. Not sure if that number includes the 100 planes Spirit ordered earlier this week. :p

I do agree with you guys about Boeing's price. It never came down to a reasonable level, even with all of the mistakes. It's not only the MCAS issues, it's the poor management of those issues, the recent issues with the FAA, the issues with parts of the plane (I think it was a different version of the 737) having some cracks etc.
One of the premier US companies.  Their dirty laundry is under close examination for sure.  Everyone believes they will get it all sorted out or the stock would be much lower.  If the MAX issue is solved entirely with software the stock will run up long before the books ever look good again.  They are bleeding some serious cash.
(10-26-2019, 02:53 PM)Otter Wrote:

The company is registered there, the shares are listed elsewhere. :p
This is most likely due to the huge amount of mergers etc related to the company history. And the Netherlands is a pretty business friendly location so it just makes sense. For example, if it would be under the French or German tax law the dividends would be a pain for most people residing outside of those respective countries. UK would be good for the dividend tax but with all the brexit mess Airbus have already moved a lot of manufacturing out of there)
(10-26-2019, 06:38 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 02:53 PM)Otter Wrote:

The company is registered there, the shares are listed elsewhere. :p
This is most likely due to the huge amount of mergers etc related to the company history. And the Netherlands is a pretty business friendly location so it just makes sense. For example, if it would be under the French or German tax law the dividends would be a pain for most people residing outside of those respective countries. UK would be good for the dividend tax but with all the brexit mess Airbus have already moved a lot of manufacturing out of there)

Yup. Got sloppy with my terminology. Am no stranger to those French/German withholding taxes as a holder of SNY and SIEGY.
Sold all of my TIF at above $129/share on the LVMH offer this morning. If it drops below $100-ish, I'll buy back. My cost-basis was very low as I've held it for years, but couldn't ignore the 30+% pop this morning on the offer.
(10-28-2019, 10:21 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Sold all of my TIF at above $129/share on the LVMH offer this morning.  If it drops below $100-ish, I'll buy back.  My cost-basis was very low as I've held it for years, but couldn't ignore the 30+% pop this morning on the offer.

I doubt you'll regret that move.

MCD may get interesting eventually.  It's been a long time since this stock has seen such a wide trading range as the past year.
Added to PGR
Traded a bit PCG today.
Put some more pooled dividends into SKT this morning