Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(10-14-2019, 06:22 PM)Ron Ricco Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 12:36 PM)stockguru Wrote: New position in EOG this morning. Looks like a great value play down here.

Anyone else own the name?

Not that it matters, but I had never heard of it till you mentioned it.

Formerly Enron Oil & Gas Company. Spun off about 20 years ago. Don't follow them closely as I've got all the exposure in the traditional energy sector that I want (BP, CVX, ENB, XOM).
New position in PG this morning.
Bought PGR from the dip at open.
It's still quite expensive but at least it's a sale compared to the short term levels.
Took new positions in EXC, CLB and TXN
EXC is an interesting name Divmenow. Looks very undervalued in the group and you get a nice discount today. I like and added some. I only own D, NEE and now EXC in the utilities group.

Also bought some CGC. This sector has been getting crushed. Figure this will look like a good investment in 3-5 years as these levels. .
added to mo and xom positions the other day
(10-16-2019, 01:52 PM)stockguru Wrote: EXC is an interesting name Divmenow. Looks very undervalued in the group and you get a nice discount today. I like and added some. I only own D, NEE and now EXC in the utilities group.

Also bought some CGC. This sector has been getting crushed. Figure this will look like a good investment in 3-5 years as these levels. .

Very Nice guru and great timing. Looks like the entire cannabis stocks will be up today. CRON up over $1.50 pre-market. Which makes me think MO may be headed to $45 soon.

How about those banks? The sector is finally getting some love. Still way undervalued. Maybe oil will participate now in a rally lol

FDX and MMM have had nice moves as well from the bottom.
Added to PM this morning
Anyone own PK? Yield is now over 7% and is sitting at a 52 week low. Numbers were flat last quarter, but you would think with a strong economy this one would do well with the hotels they own.

Thoughts? Thanks
Started a position in LMT on the dip today. Now 1% of port with 3% target. Added to JNJ. Gradually returning it to a core position. They are just snake bit lately.
(10-18-2019, 10:37 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Added to JNJ. Gradually returning it to a core position. They are just snake bit lately.

Asbestos in the baby powder can ruin anyone's day!
PM, T and ABBV looking very positive. Glad I bought each near the bottom.

Any other good buys anyone see that are near 52 week lows?

CBS?