Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Wasn't planning on it, but added to SCHW this morning.
(10-07-2019, 11:46 AM)divmenow Wrote: New position in COP this morning and added to BMY and ABBV

I'm watching SCHW. I think there's going to be a lot of acquisitions in this industry going forward. Schwab the leaders and one the only ones who can make money on the banking side. and its software is tops. Commissions are only account for 2-3% of there income. So not a big loss for them. I think this will even bring in more business for them.
Like your SCHW analysis.
Added 40 CVS and 25 LMT shares

I put in how many shares I bought. Maybe more will do that lol.

This way I know if your buying 1 share, 5 shares, 25, 50 or 100 shares Wink

My strategy is to own company going forward who have little to no exposure to China and pay a yield at over 2.5%
(10-08-2019, 01:56 PM)divmenow Wrote: Added 40 CVS and 25 LMT shares

My strategy is to own company going forward who have little to no exposure to China and pay a yield at over 2.5%

Not sure how I feel about that.  I'm nearing retirement and I suspect my port size is well above average.  Most of my purchases are 100 shares because I sell puts weekly.  You can tell what we are throwing down on the Conservative option thread because a position is 100 shares minimum.  I would never want anyone to think I am bragging because that's not why I am here.  If somebody starting out has a $10K port, and they buy a single share of AMZN, that requires one helluva lot more commitment than my much larger AMZN position.  I'd like to know why they feel so confident. 

I think we should encourage posts like this (some already do it)  ....

-Picked up some DIS today, now a full position. 
-Grabbed some LMT, I'm a bit overweight now but I really believe in this one.
-Added some JNJ, I'm building a core position I'll never sell.
-AMD is way oversold.  Grabbed some and this is just a trade.
-Started a tiny position in HD, looks a little pricey and I'll add more on a dip.
-Mortgaged my house today and bought some more of this falling knife I just can't lay off of  Smile

I agree a laundry list of today's purchases means about zero without some context.  I'll start complying with the above now.  

Sold a new put in ADM and D today.  I'll keep doing it until I finally get exercised and add to my small positions.  I desire a half position in both of these high div stocks.
(10-08-2019, 01:56 PM)divmenow Wrote: Added 40 CVS and 25 LMT shares

Not sure how I feel about that.  I'm nearing retirement and I suspect my port size is well above average.  Most of my purchases are 100 shares because I sell puts weekly.  You can tell what we are throwing down on the Conservative option thread because a position is 100 shares minimum.  I would never want anyone to think I am bragging because that's not why I am here.  If somebody starting out has a $10K port, and they buy a single share of AMZN, that requires one helluva lot more commitment than my much larger AMZN position.  I'd like to know why they feel so confident. 

I think we should encourage posts like this (some already do it)  ....

-Picked up some DIS today, now a full position. 
-Grabbed some LMT, I'm a bit overweight now but I really believe in this one.
-Added some JNJ, I'm building a core position I'll never sell.
-AMD is way oversold.  Grabbed some and this is just a trade.
-Started a tiny position in HD, looks a little pricey and I'll add more on a dip.
-Mortgaged my house today and bought some more of this falling knife I just can't lay off of  Smile

I agree a laundry list of today's purchases means about zero without some context.  I'll start complying with the above now.  

Sold a new put in ADM and D today.  I'll keep doing it until I finally get exercised and add to my small positions.  I desire a half position in both of these high div stocks.
GILD looking cheap here. Yield over 4% now. Anyone adding?
Added 40 ABBV, 100 FUN and a few LOW shares

ABBV now my 2nd largest holding
Added to NUE this morning. 0.26% of total dividend income stream.
Added TCO and OMC
New position in EOG this morning. Looks like a great value play down here.

Anyone else own the name?
(10-14-2019, 12:36 PM)stockguru Wrote: New position in EOG this morning. Looks like a great value play down here.

Anyone else own the name?

Not that it matters, but I had never heard of it till you mentioned it.
Added to CAT and CHWY this morning.