Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Another 5 days of selling and I will be happy. Finally some buying opportunities coming. I need to put that 40% cash to work lol

Watch list ..... Not many yet. Need another 10% correction first before that list grows.

MMM what's the hurry? 5 year chart says $140. If China cant improve how do they expect to grow? They couldn't even hit numbers before the tariffs. Do you think it cheap now? Just curious.

rest of your list pretty good.
(10-01-2019, 10:43 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 10:13 AM)divmenow Wrote: Not at all on ETFC or SCHW. These companies are going to hurt going forward with 0 commission fees. How do they expect to make money? Other then selling some kind of service.  I would rather own JPM or WFC going forward.

Why are you buying WFC when the crooks are forced to pay people to even open an account?  Smile  Some of the brokerage house make a 95% of their revenue from other sources than online commission.

WFC is all about the new incoming CEO. He's a tech guys and he comes from V. I see great value here that will only get better over time. I also see them raising the dividend again. As far as crooks. As long as they get the accounts who cares Wink . There not the first bank to do this. Get them in the door and the rest will take care of itself.
Agree on WFC. I added more myself this morning as well as new positions in FB, SIX and LMT

Sold rest of my TGT and NKE today. They reached my target prices.
TD goes zero commission in my taxable account tomorrow. I'll finally start nibbling on some positions that have been on my watch list forever. The nibbles will be very small for now. Sold a few way out of the money puts in the retirement IRA account. Probably won't get the shares but the $500 in premiums are mine now and will be put to use somewhere eventually. CAT-RSG-XEL puts today. All about 10% out of the money for now.

You guys and gals just keep on buying crooked WFC. (I won't touch it but seriously I'm just playin) Smile Won't be the first time I am wrong.

I played SIX for the summer run. It's a decent stock IMO. My LMT puts are in play and FB is on my list if it gets hit for real with all this political crap. They'll be fine in six months or less.
Increased my SKT size from supermicro to micro with pooled dividends
(10-02-2019, 09:39 AM)divmenow Wrote: Another 5 days of selling and I will be happy. Finally some buying opportunities coming. I need to put that 40% cash to work lol

Watch list ..... Not many yet. Need another 10% correction first before that list grows.

MMM what's the hurry? 5 year chart says $140. If China cant improve how do they expect to grow? They couldn't even hit numbers before the tariffs. Do you think it cheap now? Just curious.

Unlike you all savvy investors, you will laugh if I share my reasons. Smile

I generally just look at P/E, historical yield and dividend history. I stay fully invested most of the time.  MMM looks like a buy to me as the yield looks attractive among other technology manufacturers I owned (HON, ETN, LMT, EMR, BA). I don’t believe I have the luck to get the lowest price but I appreciate the insight. I will certainly add more when it gets down to $140, if I have cash then of course.
(10-02-2019, 11:12 AM)Dividendwayfarer Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 09:39 AM)divmenow Wrote: Another 5 days of selling and I will be happy. Finally some buying opportunities coming. I need to put that 40% cash to work lol

Unlike you all savvy investors, you will laugh if I share my reasons. Smile

I generally just look at P/E, historical yield and dividend history. I stay fully invested most of the time.  MMM looks like a buy to me as the yield looks attractive among other technology manufacturers I owned (HON, ETN, LMT, EMR, BA). I don’t believe I have the luck to get the lowest price but I appreciate the insight. I will certainly add more when it gets down to $140, if I have cash then of course.

That will serve you very well long-term.   Don't ever overpay and close your eyes method will work out fine in the end.   Nobody is lucky enough to get the lowest price consistently.  I try but I am just humoring myself.
added to CSCO and V
Who would have thought the home builders would be reaching new highs today. This is a weird market lol

At least that should bold well for names like HD and LOW

Regarding MMM. I could never time the market either I just go on instinct and way the company has continued to miss earnings not even participate in the last 3 years with the market. I have on watch list but for me I would only take a position if it goes much lower. Everyone has their own opinion. For me its about companies who are executing.
Added to WBA
(10-02-2019, 12:59 PM)stockguru Wrote: Who would have thought the home builders would be reaching new highs today. This is a weird market lol

Regarding MMM.  I could never time the market either I just go on instinct and way the company has continued to miss earnings not even participate in the last 3 years with the market. I have on watch list but for me I would only take a position if it goes much lower. Everyone has their own opinion. For me its about companies who are executing.

That isn't a bad strategy.  We like to bottom fish here, and it generally does turn around in the long-term if it's a Bluechip.  It takes time to turn the battleship around and it's easy to get in way too early.  IMO nothing wrong with nibbling MMM here.  The dollar cost averaging thing pays off when you are entering a troubled stock.  Some of your purchases will very likely be at or near the bottom.
(10-03-2019, 10:31 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 12:59 PM)stockguru Wrote: Who would have thought the home builders would be reaching new highs today. This is a weird market lol

Regarding MMM.  I could never time the market either I just go on instinct and way the company has continued to miss earnings not even participate in the last 3 years with the market. I have on watch list but for me I would only take a position if it goes much lower. Everyone has their own opinion. For me its about companies who are executing.

That isn't a bad strategy.  We like to bottom fish here, and it generally does turn around in the long-term if it's a Bluechip.  It takes time to turn the battleship around and it's easy to get in way too early.  IMO nothing wrong with nibbling MMM here.  The dollar cost averaging thing pays off when you are entering a troubled stock.  Some of your purchases will very likely be at or near the bottom.
Now with  Ameritrade, Schwab and Etrade free to trade you can buy stocks like MMM and others without costing fees. So adding 2, 5, 10 shares here and there just made life easier.  Dollar cost averaging just got that much more fun. So I added a small start position in MMM today. 10 shares. Will add more on further dips.

Added FDX as well