Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to WFC and PSA this morning.
added to JNJ.
Anyone looking at E-Trade or SCHW?
(10-01-2019, 10:07 AM)vbin Wrote: Anyone looking at E-Trade or SCHW?

Not yet.  Schwab states commissions are only about 4% of their revenues so it might be attractive on an over-reaction if the rest of the biz is solid.  I'm guessing any firm charging much commission is going to be down for a while, until analysts jump in to save them at some point..
Not at all on ETFC or SCHW. These companies are going to hurt going forward with 0 commission fees. How do they expect to make money? Other then selling some kind of service. I would rather own JPM or WFC going forward.
I'm watching FDX. Not in yet.
(10-01-2019, 10:13 AM)divmenow Wrote: Not at all on ETFC or SCHW. These companies are going to hurt going forward with 0 commission fees. How do they expect to make money? Other then selling some kind of service.  I would rather own JPM or WFC going forward.

Why are you buying WFC when the crooks are forced to pay people to even open an account?  Smile  Some of the brokerage house make a 95% of their revenue from other sources than online commission.
(09-19-2019, 02:19 PM)EricL Wrote: Forgot to mention the other day, but I picked up some ULTA in my trading account. The selloff seems a bit overblown, and this seem like a fair price for the growth opportunity going forward.

Up 13% so far, looks like I may have picked a good entry on it.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Added MMM and BEN
(10-01-2019, 10:13 AM)divmenow Wrote: Not at all on ETFC or SCHW. These companies are going to hurt going forward with 0 commission fees. How do they expect to make money? Other then selling some kind of service. I would rather own JPM or WFC going forward.
What you are saying is right but I would recommend to read into how Robinhood makes money as well.
Added more BMY.  I'm done filling out this position.
Added more HQH.
Added on XOM, MMM, WFC, ADM, MO, BTI, SLB, CSCO, BEN, UNH with some extra cash.