Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
I actually bought a mini MMM position today.
MMM is going lower. I want some eventually. I wrote puts against it numerous times for nice profits. Lucky I didn't get stuck with 100 shares. There was no way I WAS going long at 190 a few months ago with their soft outlook.
(04-25-2019, 07:44 PM)fenders53 Wrote: MMM is going lower. I want some eventually. I wrote puts against it numerous times for nice profits. Lucky I didn't get stuck with 100 shares. There was no way I WAS going long at 190 a few months ago with their soft outlook.

I got in some years ago around 170. My cost basis is significantly lower than that. Short term? I have no clue on it at the moment.
(04-25-2019, 07:57 PM)NilesMike Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 07:44 PM)fenders53 Wrote: MMM is going lower.  I want some eventually.  I wrote puts against it numerous times for nice profits.  Lucky I didn't get stuck with 100 shares.  There was no way I WAS going long at 190 a few months ago with their soft outlook.

I got in some years ago around 170. My cost basis is significantly lower than that. Short term? I have no clue on it at the moment.

It's an excellent company I've waited a long time to buy.  They have been issuing cautious guidance for quite a few quarters.  That's a good thing IMO.  I don't want to be lied to because they could have talked me into going all in at the wrong time.  Not sure if I will nibble soon, or take a chance and sell puts.  If I get assigned I could always try to dump half the shares quick and wait for the next recession to fill it out.  I don't have any doubt it will return to fair value then.  It's a beloved stock.  I said I think it's going lower, but I will be pleasantly surprised if it goes low enough with a trade deal looming and a decent economy. But that was a huge miss. I haven't read the report yet.
(04-25-2019, 07:57 PM)NilesMike Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 07:44 PM)fenders53 Wrote: MMM is going lower.  I want some eventually.  I wrote puts against it numerous times for nice profits.  Lucky I didn't get stuck with 100 shares.  There was no way I WAS going long at 190 a few months ago with their soft outlook.

I have an initial package from 2016 for 146 and now this at 190. The entry yield is 3% which historically is high, but the operational metrics don't make it a bargain yet. If it drops more I buy more, if not, well, I won't be saf with the price appreciation Smile
Started INGR
Sold a share of AMZN. I add one or two every $100 it dips, sell it gradually when it runs. I'm a small time AMZN trader for sure but it's working. About 2% of my port. I'll likely get serious about it if the market ever corrects.
Added to UPS this morning.
Added to WFC this morning.
Added to LEG