Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(08-27-2019, 11:44 AM)saimash Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 11:24 AM)divmenow Wrote: Well that worked out well today. Sold MO at $52 this morning and just bought back at $45.60 lol

Anyone looking at SKT (almost at its 52 wk low now)... What would be a nice price point to get in ?

I continue to add small amounts regularly with pooled dividends in my Robinhood account (no commission). Seeking Alpha authors are all over the map with this stock. Some seem to think the outlet mall model won't experience the same sort of decline seen in traditional mall retail, others seem to think that outlets are the next domino to fall to ecommerce. Most recent article I read was this morning, but who really knows.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4288074...al-numbers

It is not one of my highest conviction buys, but I am buying on the way down.
(08-27-2019, 11:58 AM)Otter Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 11:44 AM)saimash Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 11:24 AM)divmenow Wrote: Well that worked out well today. Sold MO at $52 this morning and just bought back at $45.60 lol

Anyone looking at SKT (almost at its 52 wk low now)... What would be a nice price point to get in ?

I continue to add small amounts regularly with pooled dividends in my Robinhood account (no commission). Seeking Alpha authors are all over the map with this stock. Some seem to think the outlet mall model won't experience the same sort of decline seen in traditional mall retail, others seem to think that outlets are the next domino to fall to ecommerce. Most recent article I read was this morning, but who really knows.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4288074...al-numbers

It is not one of my highest conviction buys, but I am buying on the way down.

Thanks Otter
BTI down over 4.7% as well. Dividend now at 7.47%

These in my mind are all good long term plays. These companies know cigarettes are thing of the past so they will look to acquire more innovative companies and CBD. Vape is the future and everyone is doing it these days. “vape pens,” and “electronic nicotine its the way of the future. Every time I'm at a concert I see it. I never smoked a day in my life until a few months ago. I needed CBD for health reasons. Now I use a pen and cbd oil. Its pretty addicting but it works lol
Added MO as well today at ~$45
Added more MO. Got to say with all these add to MO the last few days it really bumped up my monthly income lol

I sold at $52 and bought 3 times after with an average price of $45.10. Its now in my top 5 holdings.

BTW FDX looks interesting here
Added to MO
While I do not see the smoking business as an attractive investment long term (and I've been saying this for years), I think it's about time that instead of having a nap I open up MO's recent reports and take a look. If they have any chance of keeping that dividend growing, then it's starting to look like it might have a spot in my portfolio.
MO consistently raises there dividend. You have to buy the good ones when there down.

100 shares of MO will get you $6720 in 20 years just in dividends. That’s not even taking in account dividend raises.

I don’t need no research for that lol
Added a bit of more MO today
(08-29-2019, 02:48 PM)stockguru Wrote: MO consistently raises there dividend. You have to buy the good ones when there down.

100 shares of MO will get you $6720 in 20 years just in dividends. That’s not even taking in account dividend raises.

I don’t need no research for that lol

Just because they have done it for the past 20 years (or 50, or whatever) doesn't mean they can do it for the next 20 or 50 years.  Wink
If they got into cannibis and cracked vaoing, they might.

Cannibis is going to get bigger than u think.
(08-29-2019, 11:39 PM)vbin Wrote: If they got into cannibis and cracked vaoing, they might.

If and might are the key words there. 
But the valuation is definitely getting interesting, I might have a deeper look at it during the weekend.