Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
I'm interested in shares of O, but only at a yield over 5%. Sold one contract of Sept $45 puts today for $1.75. If put to me, the effective price will be about $43.50. With fed rate increases perhaps coming, the wisdom of this put sell is probably a toss up, as cheaper prices in the future are almost a certainty. Still, I'll be o.k. with an initial position at $43.50, and will likely add a few more shares if the price dips closer to $40. If not exercised, well the $168 net will provide 3.7% for the 4 month exposure. Yield at my effective cost of $43.50 equals 5.2%.
Alex
I didn't buy anything today, but over the last month or so I have started new 1/2 weight positions in LXP and HASI and added to AAPL.

Holding about 20% cash
Added 20 more shares of HCP @ $40.13
Sold $40 June calls on 100% of HCP (400 shares) for 90 cents. Am ready to cut the shares loose, but the calls probably will not exercise this time as the ticker goes ex. dividend tomorrow. Will continue to sell calls until the shares get taken out. Have decided to focus more on small cap REITs for more growth opportunity. Longer term exposure will be mostly via ROOF (small cap REIT ETF yielding about 5.5%). Also hold CSG, IRT, MPW. Will pick up O at some point under $44. For now O will be the only REIT holding outside of the small cap theme.
Alex
-100% CNI
-100% MON

+47% KO
+35% CVX
+18% JNJ

Will update blog with details "soon"

Just got sucked into a short term play. Bought 200 shares of HCP at $38.93. Ex dividend for 56.5 cents tomorrow. Sold July $37.50 calls for $2.00. Will capture the dividend, plus if the share price holds, will net another dividend equivalent from the call sell and exercise. Play is break even down to about $36.50.
Alex
Purchased LXP @ 9.02 Yield 7.55%
Purchased OHI @34.84 Yield 6.20%
+50% more UNFI on the dip in sympathy with WFM. It doesn't pay a dividend and it's still not exactly cheap, so this will probably be the limit for this position at 3.5% for the foreseeable future.

+10% to PEGI

+10% to ITC
Added Whole Foods Market (WFM) in our investment club this morning.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Started my position in 3M, 1/30/15@ $163.38. (I know...I know but 3M just doesn't go on sale.) Since then, I've made 6 more purchases, all at a lower BUY price. Yesterday I paid $156.75. I won't pay more than that.
1-Year Return-13.2%
5-Year Return-87.1%
If I could turn my GE position into 3M without a huge capital Gains hickey, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
(05-07-2015, 06:41 PM)kayboy Wrote: Started my position in 3M, 1/30/15@ $163.38. (I know...I know but 3M just doesn't go on sale.) Since then, I've made 6 more purchases, all at a lower BUY price. Yesterday I paid $156.75. I won't pay more than that.
1-Year Return-13.2%
5-Year Return-87.1%
If I could turn my GE position into 3M without a huge capital Gains hickey, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Totally agree kayboy ... $7.69 EPS this year, $8.78 EST next ... I keep waiting for their 10-Q to show cash printing machine as a line item on their income statement

As of two days ago

Added to DLR - have held it some Feb 2012 and made a substantial add in Feb 2013. This add was 35 shares.

Also opened a 50 share position in VZ

These are on top of relatively buys of HASI, LXP and TROW - also added to AAPL yesterday.