Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(06-25-2019, 02:35 PM)NilesMike Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 09:12 AM)vbin Wrote: I just added them last week. Lol.

I was trying to get filled in the 76 handle and couldn't, so cancel the order. Got it this morning at the open for 70.50 LOL

Didn't think it would continue to slide but a 6% yield on entry? Gotta love it.
Yeah, I added more at 67 but honestly, the future outlook and debt is scary. Kinda agree with what fenders said, these guys were trying to do something.
yesterday added to ABBV

i believe this is a two year low
(06-25-2019, 04:00 PM)vbin Wrote:

I was trying to get filled in the 76 handle and couldn't, so cancel the order. Got it this morning at the open for 70.50 LOL

Yeah, I added more at 67 but honestly, the future outlook and debt is scary. Kinda agree with what fenders said, these guys were trying to do something.
ABBV will be fine in the end but I think we collectively get in denial some and average into company's that are playing with fire with debt.  I am OK riding it out, but I don't want to be sitting on a ton of stocks that go nowhere for 2-3 years.  I don't need anymore KHC and CVS stories right now.

I sold a Strike 160 ABBV put and will continue to do something like that each month. I'll probably be joining you all long soon enough.
(06-26-2019, 07:44 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

ABBV will be fine in the end but I think we collectively get in denial some and average into company's that are playing with fire with debt.  I am OK riding it out, but I don't want to be sitting on a ton of stocks that go nowhere for 2-3 years.  I don't need anymore KHC and CVS stories right now.

I sold a Strike 160 ABBV put and will continue to do something like that each month.  I'll probably be joining you all long soon enough.

A dividend freeze to pay down debt to manageable levels from a cash-flow accretive merger (CVS) doesn't bother me. Gross mismanagement of finances/debt resulting in a dividend cut (KHC/GE) is a big red flag to me. I no longer own any KHC or GE shares. Happy to hold on to my CVS holding.
(06-26-2019, 09:04 AM)Otter Wrote:
(06-26-2019, 07:44 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

I sold a Strike 160 ABBV put and will continue to do something like that each month.  I'll probably be joining you all long soon enough.

A dividend freeze to pay down debt to manageable levels from a cash-flow accretive merger (CVS) doesn't bother me. Gross mismanagement of finances/debt resulting in a dividend cut (KHC/GE) is a big red flag to me. I no longer own any KHC or GE shares. Happy to hold on to my CVS holding.
I'm OK with my CVS position too.  Probably not so much had I paid $100+ for my shares.  It's not the same story as KHC.
I sold out of a lot of names today. Wont list which ones but I decided to just own 25 names going forward and keep adding to those names on dips. I did well but just too much to keep watch on lol

So I narrowed my long term holdings down to 25 names - MCD, HD, MRK. CCI, MA, V, MSFT, DIS, JNJ, UNH, STAG, NEE, D, HON, ABT, COST, SBUX, AAPL, AMGN, CVX, PEP, NOC, LMT ABBV and WM.

I still own some trading stocks as well in a different portfolio. Some Gold, Bios and Canabis names. But non of these are names I consider core holdings.

This was hard to do but I have been thinking about doing this for some time. Back in Late April I went 30% cash and have since used some of that on ETF's and other investments. With today's sells I'm now back at 32% cash and will use that to add to current holdings or if a good dividend name get sold of and is too cheap to pass up.
started a small position on BMY.
Picked up 17 shares of ABBV. This is an initial position. Wish I would have bought yesterday instead of today.
(06-26-2019, 12:53 PM)divmenow Wrote: I sold out of a lot of names today. Wont list which ones but I decided to just own 25 names going forward and keep adding to those names on dips.  I did well but just too much to keep watch on lol

So I narrowed my long term holdings down to 25 names - MCD, HD, MRK. CCI, MA, V, MSFT, DIS, JNJ, UNH, STAG, NEE, D, HON, ABT, COST, SBUX, AAPL, AMGN, CVX, PEP, NOC, LMT ABBV and WM.

I still own some trading stocks as well in a different portfolio. Some Gold, Bios and Canabis names. But non of these are names I consider core holdings.

This was hard to do but I have been thinking about doing this for some time. Back in Late April I went 30% cash and have since used some of that on ETF's and other investments. With today's sells I'm now back at 32% cash and will use that to add to current holdings or if a good dividend name get sold of and is too cheap to pass up.

What about STAG makes it one of your core holdings? Just curious as the number don't seem to do it for me on that one.

Thanks
(06-26-2019, 03:01 PM)catnap88 Wrote: started a small position on BMY.

Nice timing.  I was months early with a fairly large position and never thought it would go much under $50.
(06-26-2019, 06:48 PM)NilesMike Wrote:
(06-26-2019, 12:53 PM)divmenow Wrote: I sold out of a lot of names today. Wont list which ones but I decided to just own 25 names going forward and keep adding to those names on dips.  I did well but just too much to keep watch on lol

What about STAG makes it one of your core holdings? Just curious as the number don't seem to do it for me on that one.

Thanks

I own about half of that list for the long-term.  25 or so overall.  I am a little cashier than you right now.  It is a fight to not allow the equity list to grow too long.  It does become unmanageable.  When I can't properly track them all, having some in ETFs and Index funds makes some sense.  For me anyway.  I am thinking about selling my rental property soon.  Probably on a contract though as I don't want to absorb a huge taxable event in one year.  We'll see.
Rolled some pooled dividends into more SKT shares. Putting this dollar cost averaging thing into practice.