Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Bought some MMM, MRK, XLE and LNT
ABBV down over $4 pre-market to $74 due to AGN buyout, I may buy at these levels. Too cheap to ignore now!
I just woke up and saw the ABBV news Stockguru. Wow big acquisition. I added some ABBV in the pre-market at $70.60. Got to love that price for the next 10 years. Yield was down to 4.6% this morning.The only issue here is ABBV will be taken on more debt. But with this kind of yield it was worth the risk for me.
(06-25-2019, 06:12 AM)divmenow Wrote: I just woke up and saw the ABBV news Stockguru. Wow big acquisition. I added some ABBV in the pre-market at $70.60. Got to love that price for the next 10 years. Yield was down to 4.6% this morning.The only issue here is ABBV will be taken on more debt. But with this kind of yield it was worth the risk for me.

I have a pretty big position in ABBV. I will be curious to see if it affects the dividend going forward. I doubt they would cut it, but I wonder if they would keep it where it is like GIS did after their big acquisition?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Uhhh, ABBV is also very big for me, and I'm not at all happy with this large premium they pay. 63B for a market cap of 42B, that is 50% premium!!!
(06-24-2019, 10:44 AM)vbin Wrote: Yeah, but not like business is in danger. I think most of this negativity is already priced in.
On other hand they need to venture into cannabis.

RE: MO, I'd like to think you are right.  I have quite a few shares and glad I didn't get in a couple years ago since I was already late to the party.  They do need to keep pursuing growth or the stock is going to be stuck around here IMO.
(06-25-2019, 06:40 AM)Binary Wrote: Uhhh, ABBV is also very big for me, and I'm not at all happy with this large premium they pay. 63B for a market cap of 42B, that is 50% premium!!!

They are going to go into BMY mode for awhile.  It takes considerable time for the market to digest these mega mergers.  They probably needed to do something with blockbuster drugs coming off patent.  But the "something" is always over-paying or the acquired company won't bite because they know the acquirers stock is going to get whacked on announcement.
(06-25-2019, 06:45 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 06:40 AM)Binary Wrote: Uhhh, ABBV is also very big for me, and I'm not at all happy with this large premium they pay. 63B for a market cap of 42B, that is 50% premium!!!

They are going to go into BMY mode for awhile.  It takes considerable time for the market to digest these mega mergers.  They probably needed to do something with blockbuster drugs coming off patent.  But the "something" is always over-paying or the acquired company won't bite because they know the acquirers stock is going to get whacked on announcement.
Just keep in mind. This is not an all dash deal. AGN will receive stock in ABBV as well. And as part of this deal 
AGN must move it’s headquarters from Ireland to the US.
(06-25-2019, 07:27 AM)stockguru Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 06:45 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Just keep in mind. This is not an all dash deal. AGN will receive stock in ABBV as well. And as part of this deal 
AGN must move it’s headquarters from Ireland to the US.

it eventually works out, but usually takes longer than I like.  I own tons or pharma but don't own ABBV yet, because it looked like a company that needed to make a big move, and they did.
Added to ABBV
I just added them last week. Lol.
(06-25-2019, 09:12 AM)vbin Wrote: I just added them last week. Lol.

I was trying to get filled in the 76 handle and couldn't, so cancel the order. Got it this morning at the open for 70.50 LOL

Didn't think it would continue to slide but a 6% yield on entry? Gotta love it.