Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
I finally got a bargain in this market. Bought some SIX today in my sons account. Got to love that dividend now at over 5%. Pays .82 per quarter. Nice. Stock is down $9 due to China, but this will improve over time. They killed the estimates. You guys should take a look at this one.
(02-14-2019, 10:15 AM)divmenow Wrote: I finally got a bargain in this market. Bought some SIX today in my sons account. Got to love that dividend now at over 5%. Pays .82 per quarter. Nice. Stock is down $9 due to China, but this will improve over time. They killed the estimates. You guys should take a look at this one.

Wow good find. divmennow. My kids and I love their theme parks. I bought 40 shares. Thanks so much.  I bought a few WSO as well. Sold TGT to free up the proceeds.
Added to my BEP holdings this morning.
(02-14-2019, 10:15 AM)divmenow Wrote: I finally got a bargain in this market. Bought some SIX today in my sons account. Got to love that dividend now at over 5%. Pays .82 per quarter. Nice. Stock is down $9 due to China, but this will improve over time. They killed the estimates. You guys should take a look at this one.

Very volatile consumer discretionary business that does poorly in recessions. During the last recession they declared bankruptcy and wiped out all the shareholders. They don't have an investment-grade credit rating, and have a 133% debt-to-equity ratio.

Thanks. I looked at SIX sometime back but missed the bad earnings report today.  Still looks like an opportunity.  I took a little different approach but it is my version of going long.  Sold a June 52.50 put so I may be in for 100 shares if it is below that in June.  Got paid $3.40/SH for the risk today.  Just a bit over one full year of dividends received now.  I like the risk/reward on this one.  I own a bit of DIS for the entertainment portion of my port but that stock is as exciting as watching paint dry lol.  

Thanks for the tip. You probably tire of hearing my option strategies. Just going long today looks good too. If it only fully retraces today's beating sometime this year it's a well above average div stock.    

Also sold a KO put today on their earnings report.  It's getting closer to the price I would like to enter.  I've waited a long time.
(02-14-2019, 11:22 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Thanks. I looked at SIX sometime back but missed the bad earnings report today.  Still looks like an opportunity.  I took a little different approach but it is my version of going long.  Sold a June 52.50 put so I may be in for 100 shares if it is below that in June.  Got paid $3.40/SH for the risk today.  Just a bit over one full year of dividends received now.  I like the risk/reward on this one.  I own a bit of DIS for the entertainment portion of my port but that stock is as exciting as watching paint dry lol.  

Thanks for the tip.  You probably tire of hearing my option strategies.  Just going long today looks good too.  If it only fully retraces today's beating sometime this year it's a well above average div stock.     

Also sold a KO put today on their earnings report.  It's getting closer to the price I would like to enter.  I've waited a long time.

I've always been intrigued by options, but just never have gotten around to trying it. Hard to break my boring buy and hold habits.  Big Grin
Opened a new position today, as well. Just bought some GS.
(02-14-2019, 11:47 AM)Otter Wrote:

Thanks for the tip.  You probably tire of hearing my option strategies.  Just going long today looks good too.  If it only fully retraces today's beating sometime this year it's a well above average div stock.     

I've always been intrigued by options, but just never have gotten around to trying it. Hard to break my boring buy and hold habits.  Big Grin

Buying options is for gamblers and fools.... same thing IMO.  I SELL options to the gamblers.  If I day traded options, I could have closed out $100 profit faster than you can drink a cup of coffee on Divmenow's SIX tip.  I'll hang around longer though.  Most run when they hear the word options because most people screw it up because they are gambling and the odds are bad against them. I am entering my positions the same way Buffet does when the numbers are right.  It's not well advertised but there are very few selling more puts than he does.
I sold a 45 put as well. I don't think KO drops much below that, there is a ton of support around 46
(02-14-2019, 11:22 AM)fenders53 Wrote: [quote='divmenow' pid='16276' dateline='1550157324']

(02-14-2019, 02:05 PM)NilesMike Wrote: I sold a 45 put as well. I don't think KO drops much below that, there is a ton of support around 46
(02-14-2019, 10:15 AM)divmenow Wrote:   

Get a spine and sell a strike 46 KO put with a real premium.  I'm a little disappointed lol.

Just kidding of course Mike, selling an out of the money KO put is like investing in CDs. You can't lose in my lifetime. I do approve of your boring option trades. I do plenty of those myself. Do we have to post account statements to make our forum friends see this is easy monthly money if you are careful? Smile
Busy buying day for me. Decided to do a little dollar-cost averaging on my JCI stake.
(02-14-2019, 02:44 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 02:05 PM)NilesMike Wrote: I sold a 45 put as well. I don't think KO drops much below that, there is a ton of support around 46
(02-14-2019, 10:15 AM)divmenow Wrote:   

Get a spine and sell a strike 46 KO put with a real premium.  I'm a little disappointed lol.

Just kidding of course Mike, selling an out of the money KO put is like investing in CDs.  You can't lose in my lifetime.  I do approve of your boring option trades.  I do plenty of those myself.  Do we have to post account statements to make our forum friends see this is easy monthly money if you are careful?  Smile

I only sell puts in stock I am willing to own, cash secured. I wait for them to be beat up a bit, so Implied Volatility kicks up a bit and we can get better premium.  Collected 3.5 dividend payments up front.