Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to MSFT after hours.
(01-30-2019, 09:57 AM)divmenow Wrote: T under $29 once again. Anyone buying?

I'll have to read through the report first. But if it's under $29 on Monday (next time I have time to trade) I'll be looking into taking an extra position and selling calls against it.
Sold a T put today. I have more than enough shares but usually have calls sold against about half of them at various strike prices and expiration dates. Eventually the market should trim me back some. I've stopped believing T is headed for $40 this year. Even $35 would be a pleasant outcome though.
Added to JNJ, V, and DIS yesterday. Funds were from selling some WMT that I've held forever.
Added to BUD this morning.
Started a position in V today. Seriously considering lightening up my AMZN position before they report after the close today. I had to triple down during the bloodbath to get my average cost down. I was down real bad in a matter of weeks. This little voice is now saying "don't be greedy now that you are up, take some profit and start some boring little DGI positions". Maybe I'm just skeered lol.
(01-31-2019, 03:18 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Started a position in V today.  Seriously considering lightening up my AMZN position before they report after the close today.  I had to triple down during the bloodbath to get my average cost down.  I was down real bad in a matter of weeks.  This little voice is now saying "don't be greedy now that you are up, take some profit and start some boring little DGI positions".  Maybe I'm just skeered lol.

Come join in the fun with SQ if you want a little more volatility excitement. I'm sure the 25% off sale for AMZN was fun, but the 40% off sale on SQ was pretty exciting, too.  Big Grin
I bought some GD and NEE on Tuesday and added to V this morning.
(01-31-2019, 04:20 PM)Otter Wrote:
(01-31-2019, 03:18 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Started a position in V today.  Seriously considering lightening up my AMZN position before they report after the close today.  I had to triple down during the bloodbath to get my average cost down.  I was down real bad in a matter of weeks.  This little voice is now saying "don't be greedy now that you are up, take some profit and start some boring little DGI positions".  Maybe I'm just skeered lol.

Come join in the fun with SQ if you want a little more volatility excitement. I'm sure the 25% off sale for AMZN was fun, but the 40% off sale on SQ was pretty exciting, too.  Big Grin
LOL, I was weeks early for the true sale with my entry position.  I averaged down every $50 drop and it just kept on dropping.  Valuation does not justify being my largest holding, and other than ETFs it was by a margin.  I survived, and I will go back to being a little more boring lol.  I sold 2/3rds of my position at 3:58PM.  Their Q1 guidance is nothing amazing, for AMZN anyway.  It's not running to $2000 tomorrow.  Anyway, it's good for the entire market that they validated consumers are still spending money. AMZN revs look like a good sized country's GDP.  Smile
Added to UL this morning.
Bought some CAH today
Added to LYB this morning.