Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Bought some SO today. I don't like this sector and think more pain is ahead but with a yield of over 5% now I figured I can wait it out.

What about all those who bought OHI and O in recent weeks. Both hit a new 52 week low today!
Anyone liking PEP at $109 level?
I reshuffled a few names. Trimmed positions in RF, TSN, MON and EL and took new positions in CVS, PSX, SHW and UPS.

I nearly doubled the names I trimmed but kept enough in each name that is now all profit. CVS and UPS to me are great long term buys at these levels and hope to double those as well in 5 years lol. SHW is name I have liked for a long time and could never get in. So I get better yield and a better payout now in the new names.
(02-14-2018, 01:34 PM)divmenow Wrote: Anyone liking PEP at $109 level?

yup
(02-14-2018, 01:34 PM)divmenow Wrote: Anyone liking PEP at $109 level?

Yup, it's certainly not a bad buy at these levels.
I haven't bought  more yet, we will see what the situation is when my next salary arrives.
Added a little MCD is my sons account. $158.60 not a bad price!
To me oil related stocks represent the best buy in the market right now. I added a bit more of PSX, XOM and CVX today. Not a lot of shares. But adding more at these levels I figured why not.
Anyone buying SO on the ex-date today or waiting until earnings next week?  It's around $43.75 a share. Think that's a 5.3% yield.  It as dropped to around $40 a few times since 2011 but not below it.  

[Image: chart.ashx?t=SO&ty=c&ta=0&p=m&s=l]
I bought SO this week already and also added DUK.
WMT on sale today, down 9% in pre-market due to poor guidance. Any takers?