Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Still adding JNJ, getting a bit overweight here.
Yesterday I bought 7 shares of Parker Hannifin Corporation (PH) at $123.1.
Their current yield is only 2% - lower than my usual 2.5%+ purchases.

I decided to purchase it due to:
* 58 years of increasing dividends - much longer than my required 10.
* Payout ratio of 35% - less than half than my required 75%.
* The 1yr, 3yr, 5yr and 10yr DGR are all above 10% - much higher than my required 5%.
* Their D/E is only 33% - lower than my required 75%.
* Their past and estimated 5yr growth are 17% and 10% respectively - much higher than my required 5%.
* No red-flags in any of my criterion.

Have a great day
+38% more DEO
+26% more PH
Initiated a position in Main Street Capital (MAIN) today
Added to AXP, BBL, and RDS.B today.

As an (somewhat related) aside, I don't believe interest rates will be rising anytime soon and am glad to pick up some high yield on pullbacks (referring to the latter two companies).
Quick day trade with Canadian Solar (CSIQ) on Tuesday. Though I am seriously considering grabbing a long term position in this one too, possibly before the March 5th earnings report. They don't currently pay a dividend which is a big minus but I see a lot of potential in the solar energy business and the company seems solidly growing with a low P/E rating and cheap manufacturing costs.
(02-27-2015, 02:38 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Quick day trade with Canadian Solar (CSIQ) on Tuesday. Though I am seriously considering grabbing a long term position in this one too, possibly before the March 5th earnings report. They don't currently pay a dividend which is a big minus but I see a lot of potential in the solar energy business and the company seems solidly growing with a low P/E rating and cheap manufacturing costs.

I have a full position in CSIQ. It's certainly not a DG stock but it is too good an opportunity to pass up.
+35% more UPS
Hey Rapid -- just curious about your buys (of course feel free to ignore if this is too nosy). Are you also selling to make room for these purchases, or are these buys coming out of dry powder?
(02-27-2015, 11:43 AM)Kerim Wrote: Hey Rapid -- just curious about your buys (of course feel free to ignore if this is too nosy). Are you also selling to make room for these purchases, or are these buys coming out of dry powder?

No selling. The purchases are possible from a combination of the following:

1) I have a weekly auto deposit into my brokerage account.
2) My total yearly dividends are sizable-ish, and I'm not DRIPing, so the money accumulates quickly.
3) I sell options on the following indexes: SPX, NDX, RUT. The last 3 months ( post October oil stuff ) have been pretty much printing money when selling something like an Iron Condor, which makes the most money when the price stays in a range.
Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing