Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Bought some NWL and T today. I read a lot of insider buying on both stocks and figured they would do well over the next 5 years.
Added MO and KHC.
T sucks. It has done nothing but yet I continue to hold lol. Insiders purchased last month buy yet the stock continues to sink. What good is to have a high paying yield stock if it continues to slide. I'm really thinking about selling today and putting it into a more growth oriented stock.
(08-31-2018, 12:41 PM)divmenow Wrote: T sucks. It has done nothing but yet I continue to hold lol. Insiders purchased last month buy yet the stock continues to sink. What good is to have a high paying yield stock if it continues to slide. I'm really thinking about selling today and putting it into a more growth oriented stock.

I've been watching T like a hawk.  Did you see the price move at the closing bell?  The short term traders own T at the moment.  The Friday options expiration moves get a little predictable.  Always seems to head to the proper strike to make some high volume options worthless just in the nick of time.
Not a div paying stock but bought baba and FB.
Picked up some KHC today. First DGI stock for the new port.
Nice, near 5 year low.
And even closer to that low today Sad It dropped more 15 minutes after I bought it. Oh well, KHC is not going away IMO and is intended to be one of my boring stocks with a nice div anyway.
(09-05-2018, 06:46 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Picked up some KHC today.   First DGI stock for the new port.

4.4% yield, not bad at all.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I have been burned bad chasing excessively high yields but there always seem to be some opportunities to get 4-5% due to near term company issues that will go away soon enough.  The 10-12% yields are rat poison IMO for most sectors.  It tastes good for a few months and then you find out why you got such an awesome deal.  It requires some research to draw the line on high yields.  I need to understand why I am being bribed to buy before midnight tonight Smile
bought UNM.
Just doubled my position in BEN.