Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(08-17-2018, 11:57 AM)divmenow Wrote: FB nice buy. In a year it will be at news highs again. You have to buy the good names when things are negative and out of favor. FB very cheap here on a PE to growth rate.

BTW anyone own Macquarie Infrastructure Corporation (MIC) ? Pays a very nice dividend and has raised its dividend from .87 to $1.44 over the last 5 years. I have no position yet but wanted to know your thoughts?  Thanks

MIC pays out more in dividend than their FCF. To me this is a blocking point.
Bought LMT
(08-18-2018, 04:54 PM)NilesMike Wrote: Sold 190 puts in both IBM and STZ

Mind if I ask what strike price and expiration? I'm really interested in selling puts, but haven't had much time to do the learning I want to before diving in.
$190 was the strike price for both. Sep 21 Expiration.

Sold 3M for 1.00 and STZ for 1.05 per contract

The IBM put is almost in the money by $45.  Are these cash secured puts?
(08-22-2018, 03:23 AM)RyanCMason Wrote:

My bad, the puts are MMM and STZ.

Was looking at 135 in IBM but never placed the order for some reason.

Thanks for catching my faux pas.
(08-15-2018, 09:02 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: I don't like TEVA. I have been looking at it once in a while but they just can't seem to get anything right.
If you want pure pharma, maybe PFE? It's quite expensive but nothing ridiculous. Or just stick with JNJ?

Berkshire likes Teva....

I suppose they see an opportunity in the generic arena, an aging world-wide population with not enough money and or adequate health insurance, or stretched socialized healthcare systems....production of generics? Sure, why not...

I'll buy brk.b but not Teva....I get what you're saying....but BRK likes it...
(08-22-2018, 05:59 AM)NilesMike Wrote:
(08-22-2018, 03:23 AM)RyanCMason Wrote:

My bad, the puts are MMM and STZ.

Was looking at 135 in IBM but never placed the order for some reason.

Thanks for catching my faux pas.

No problem and I figured it might have been either a different strike price or stock ticker.  I do like MMM a lot and would buy at around $190.  I did sell a call on PFE at $45 a couple of days ago.
Anyone own LB stock? Getting interesting at this $28 level as long as they don't cut the dividend. But then again they can't seem to get it right!!
(08-23-2018, 10:23 AM)divmenow Wrote: Anyone own LB stock? Getting interesting at this $28 level as long as they don't cut the dividend. But then again they can't seem to get it right!!

Yep, I've owned for years and I keep getting frustrated with them.  I didn't agree with exiting swimwear and catalog sales.  Seemed like a huge strategic blunder.
I bought 15 shares of UNH today. My most expensive dividend stock ever. I am hoping to use it as a long term dividend stock but also hope it goes up in price to eventually sell.
(08-23-2018, 08:04 PM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 10:23 AM)divmenow Wrote: Anyone own LB stock? Getting interesting at this $28 level as long as they don't cut the dividend. But then again they can't seem to get it right!!

Yep, I've owned for years and I keep getting frustrated with them.  I didn't agree with exiting swimwear and catalog sales.  Seemed like a huge strategic blunder.

A 113% debt/cap and junk BB+ credit rating kept from ever being too interested in the company.

Has an 87% payout ratio on forward EPS estimates of $2.75. Wouldn't be too surprised if there was a dividend cut in LB's future.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha