Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
I was in at CVX at $78.20. Bought it back in 2015. I already own XOM, EOG and PSX. I don't need to be over weight in the sector. And no harm in taking a profit lol. PM pays a great dividend as does HD. So I'm not losing anything as far as yield. Got out at $116.25. Its already down to $114.75 so lol.
Is SBUX one of those dinosaur stocks now? Once again earnings disappoint as well as SSS#. However they did raise the dividend to .30. This is that one stock in my portfolio I keep hoping gets out of the doldrums lol. Every SBUX I go into is packed. But the problem is they expanded way too fast and too many or close to each other. Maybe they need to close some stores that are under performing.
(11-02-2017, 03:20 PM)divmenow Wrote: Is SBUX one of those dinosaur stocks now? Once again earnings disappoint as well as SSS#. However they did raise the dividend to .30. This is that one stock in my portfolio I keep hoping gets out of the doldrums lol. Every SBUX I go into is packed. But the problem is they expanded way too fast and too many or close to each other. Maybe they need to close some stores that are under performing.

I think it is simply a case where growth expectations are being lowered, so the rich valuation is being cut back a bit. Management is still targeting 12%+ EPS growth going forward, but with the market used to high-teens growth, that is resulting in the multiple being lowered.

That said, 12% growth on top of a ~2.25% yield ain't a bad place to be. It's still a tad bit expensive at a 23 forward PE, but not overly so when compared to other stocks with lower growth rates.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(11-03-2017, 12:39 AM)EricL Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 03:20 PM)divmenow Wrote: Is SBUX one of those dinosaur stocks now? Once again earnings disappoint as well as SSS#. However they did raise the dividend to .30. This is that one stock in my portfolio I keep hoping gets out of the doldrums lol. Every SBUX I go into is packed. But the problem is they expanded way too fast and too many or close to each other. Maybe they need to close some stores that are under performing.

I think it is simply a case where growth expectations are being lowered, so the rich valuation is being cut back a bit. Management is still targeting 12%+ EPS growth going forward, but with the market used to high-teens growth, that is resulting in the multiple being lowered.

That said, 12% growth on top of a ~2.25% yield ain't a bad place to be. It's still a tad bit expensive at a 23 forward PE, but not overly so when compared to other stocks with lower growth rates.

Well SBUX is up $2 now. I guess reverse psychology does work after all lol
I took a very small position this afternoon in PH. Does anyone own the name? This has been a great stock and I have always wanted to add. Wish I would have a long time ago lol
(10-31-2017, 11:39 AM)Rasec Wrote: Added to QCOM and MRK and let's hope for the best...

Who would have guessed!!  Big Grin Big Grin

It's one of the biggest positions in my book, maybe time to sell now? Or wait and see...
Opened position in WBA
ADM at 52 week low, interesting long term play. There'll always be demand for food.
(11-06-2017, 12:16 PM)Rasec Wrote: ADM at 52 week low, interesting long term play. There'll always be demand for food.

The global glut in grain has caused commodity prices to tank.  This will hurt companies such as ADM, but the surviving companies will be cash cows the next time crops have a bad year.
I bought SWKS for the first time today. Got sold off this morning on great earnings. Amazing growth and stock is cheap. I need more technology exposure. And this is one of the few stocks that has yet to take off but will. You guys should check it out.
45 shares of CZNC. Initial purchase.
Sold half of my QCOM holdings. Not sure if they will be bought or not, but took advantage of the "buy the rumor" pop. I've been getting more and more nervous about QCOM lately.