Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just when this dip was getting interesting ...
... the Fed and Alcoa and whatever else the big money thought was relevant spoiled it. Angry 10 years ago, I would've been a basket case. Instead, the last few days I was hoping for a blowoff so I could put what little remaining cash I had to work. Perhaps sometime this month.

Patience is not one of my virtues.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Same here, I thought maybe I'd finally get fully invested. Oh well, the suspense continues.
You guys were saying...?

Starting to feel like some opportunities out there. I've been eyeing the oil companies today myself...
(10-09-2014, 02:01 PM)TomK Wrote: You guys were saying...?

Starting to feel like some opportunities out there. I've been eyeing the oil companies today myself...

Me too!

KMI has a forward yield of 5.45% based on their guidance payout of $2 per share in 2015.

Chevron at a 3.7% and Conoco Phillips at 4.1% are looking pretty attractive too.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(10-09-2014, 02:12 PM)EricL Wrote:
(10-09-2014, 02:01 PM)TomK Wrote: You guys were saying...?

Me too!

KMI has a forward yield of 5.45% based on their guidance payout of $2 per share in 2015.

Chevron at a 3.7% and Conoco Phillips at 4.1% are looking pretty attractive too.

I'm all full up on COP, but grabbed some XOM at $91.69. Always wanted some Exxon at 3% yield or better.
Ummmm, yes, as I was saying ... This is starting to feel a little like 2010-2011.

Problem is, the things that are falling the most, I'm all set on. How about JNJ in the low 90's or PG in the low 70's? All my REITs are going up and I could use some more of them. Angry I hate periods like this, not much is a screaming bargain but the seesaw makes you hesitant to commit more money thinking you'll get a better deal tomorrow.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

I pulled the trigger today. After a lot of back & forth debating between KMI and CVX, I ended up picking CVX. Cant argue with the 3.7% yield on CVX. Would love to buy KMI as well, but Im already at a full 5% position. Upped my CVX to 3% of portfolio.