Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roth IRA strategy?
Hey Navy. Congrats on taking the plunge. My first piece of advice is to take a deep breath, do a lot of reading and take things in a very measured fashion. Now that you are into DGI, I would encourage you to spend some time each day on "Seeking Alpha " website. So many folks are there who share their stories and will most likely answer all of your questions if you read them enough. Like you, I converted, but about 2-3 yrs ago. I have about 23 equities and two or three ETFs / mutuals. All of a sudden lately the market has become extremely volatile, moving 250 points up one day and 275 points down the next. This is that time to " hunker down" as we say in hurricane territory. But know that this, too, shall pass. There are only two rules of the market to know: Mr. market goes up, and Mr. market goes down. If you have a fairly solid mix of blue chip, dividend growth equities,then you should be able to ride out the volatile periods. In the mean- time.....Go Navy! (from one who lives in the Cradle of Naval Aviation).

Messages In This Thread
Roth IRA strategy? - by navyasw02 - 10-07-2014, 10:38 PM
RE: Roth IRA strategy? - by ChadR - 10-08-2014, 09:40 AM
RE: Roth IRA strategy? - by navyasw02 - 10-08-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: Roth IRA strategy? - by CritMass - 10-09-2014, 08:38 PM