Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coffee anyone?
Today I had to help my wife deliver flowers to a wedding. It was about 1.5 hours or so away from our home, again out in the country. Since we had no reason to rush home (see 'My Baby Goes to College' thread), we decided to take the back roads home.

Since it was long past lunchtime, we decided to stop at a QSR (Quick Service Restaurant), or fast food joint as it's known to most of us, for a quick bite. As we came into a small town they lined both sides of the street. Since we didn't see the Golden Arches (we're both shareholders), we decided to stop at Timmie's, as in Tim Horton's, the Canadian National Flower Tongue so I've been told.

They had big signs in the windows advertising their new 'dark roast' coffee. Since I love a good cup of coffee and hadn't met my quota today, I ordered the dark roast coffee with my lunch to give it a try. We sat down at our table and they brought it out on real plates and it was pretty tasty. What really caught my attention was the coffee. I would have to say, it rivals Starbucks in flavor and temperature. Maybe we hit it on a good day but, since Starbucks only has a presence in the 'big city' around here and ignores the rest of us, I think I've found a place to buy coffee when on the go. I was pretty impressed. It's too bad they're getting mixed up with Burger King. I hope the combined entity doesn't mess with their coffee. Give it a try sometime.

And no, I don't own THI nor SBUX.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

I commit heresy, being a Canadian, everytime I say that I hate THI coffee. As a customer, I would rather go to an indie coffee shop, else find the nearest SBUX. Good on you for liking and sharing it. I know a lot of ppl addicted to THI coffee.

I really need to add either THI or SBUX to my portfolio. Coffee is the next cigarette Smile
R2R, you heretic! Big Grin I agree, their regular coffee is just run of the mill but the dark roast was much, much better ... at least to me.

THI is being bought or merged with Booger King so I wouldn't be so interested any more unless THI's management was running the show.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

heh. Booger King lol.

I hope the management takes the proper steps. Keep things running smoothly as they are here, but look to increase the exposure and grow internationally. THI has struggled for years to break into the US market...hopefully BK will bring good exposure. I guess Timmys coffee on their menus will be default similar to McCafe.

cheers