Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello/Shwmae!
Hey everyone I'm new to this forum so will give some background and introduction.

I'm 21 years old and from Wales (UK).
I'm totally new to investing but after reading a few books decided that Dividend Growth Investing would help me secure a safe and comfortable retirement.

I don't really have an age I wish to retire by but don't want to be braking my back when I'm 60 working flat out just to pay bills.

Over the next 2 years I plan to put away £6,000 in to stocks (close to $10,000)
I'm not bothered much by actual stock growth but need a growing progressive dividend (that I'll reinvest 100% of)

I've already taken some risky investments namely;

OAO GAZPROM
CARILLION PLC
LLOYDS BANK
AFLAC INC

Along with 2 risky funds

JPMorgan Emerging markets (Class B Accumilation)
TM Sandition European (Class F Accumilation)

I'm now looking to put the rest in solid blue-chips with reasonable P/E and dividend growth that would be able to survive and hold their valuable reasonably during times of recession.

I'm currently looking at: KRAFT, NATIONAL GRID, ROYAL DUTCH SHELL, BP, ROYAL MAIL (Doubtful), MICROSOFT.
I'm also really eager to invest in elderly care and am looking for suggestions.

COMPLETE PORTFOLIO; (Obviously %'s will even out whilst I buy other stocks over time).

1 Lloyds Banking Group 21.3%
2 JPM Emerging Markets Class B 20.2%
3 GlaxoSmithKline 13.8%
4 Sanditon Asset Management Ltd European Class F 13.0%
5 AFLAC 12.2%
6 OAO GAZPROM 9.2%
7 Carillion 5.8%

Any help and advice would be very much appreciated.
I'm willing to follow advice and switch about some money from funds e.t.c

Kind regards
and nice to meet you all.

Lewis
Lewis, welcome. Thanks for posting the intro.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Good luck, fellow newbie!