Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You know what grinds my gears
Charts like these (the left one) - where 7% is as big as 14% or 16%. WHO MAKES THESE CHARTS?!! Grrrrr
Wow!! very tuff problem to have, could be worse..

Hate to see what really pisses you off.
(09-11-2014, 05:45 AM)Jimbo Wrote: Wow!! very tuff problem to have, could be worse..

Hate to see what really pisses you off.

lol...its just the nerd in me getting annoyed. How does a chart representation be so bad, I dont get it. Are they creating these by hand and eye-balling it? No software would make a chart that would mis-represent things like that.

/rant
Probably they didn't have Excel, they took someone else's chart and changed the text in Microsoft Paint. I agree, it's sloppy and it looks like the person who created it didn't care whether it would be understood.
So tonite I'm at work and I get an automated call that says "press 1 for english", this is an American company, I am in America.
What gives...
Jim
Hahaha...Being in Canada, we are used to that message, since all systems support both English and French.

One of the worst automated telephone systems I use has: "Press any key to continue" - the first message played as soon as you call the customer service line. After that, it asks you to select the language. Terrible design!
(11-14-2014, 08:39 AM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: Hahaha...Being in Canada, we are used to that message, since all systems support both English and French.

One of the worst automated telephone systems I use has: "Press any key to continue" - the first message played as soon as you call the customer service line. After that, it asks you to select the language. Terrible design!

They want you to press any key to continue to confirm you are using a touch tone phone and not one of the old style phones that some of the older population still use.
(11-14-2014, 09:19 AM)benjamen Wrote:
(11-14-2014, 08:39 AM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: Hahaha...Being in Canada, we are used to that message, since all systems support both English and French.

They want you to press any key to continue to confirm you are using a touch tone phone and not one of the old style phones that some of the older population still use.

Ah! Good point. Its my cell phone service provider that has the system. So, why would old style phone users calling their customer service. Its a good service to have I guess if people are using other phone systems.