Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you state your goals, and how do you measure outcomes?
Over the years I attempted to develop a list of solid, non-cyclical, large company stocks which had a long history of paying and growing their dividends. They did not have to raise their dividend each year as long as I felt there was an explainable reason for not raising it. I expected the stocks to have an initial yield 2.5% or higher and a growth rate slightly above the market conditions. There was a time when 10% growth was expected, today 6% is good.

Now that I have the companies which met my criteria (twenty stocks), I just monitor the dividend and dividend growth. I do have a buy range for each stock in case the price drops and I can add to my current positions. I don't look to add other stocks to the list, any growth stocks, funds or etf's. I'm not overly concerned about Allocation, Diversification or Re-balancing (which I don't do). As long as my portfolio continues to generate higher income, I'm happy.

ps: I don't sell unless I feel the dividend will no longer be raised or becomes un-safe.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you state your goals, and how do you measure outcomes? - by cannew - 08-17-2014, 11:15 AM