Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Everybody
Big Grin 

Hi Everyone, Californian here. I came up with TopRamenTrader for my name because the amount of money i have for trading is limited lol.

I've been interested in trading but never really knew where to start. The fantasy of becoming rich over night by trading imo is just that a fantasy.

I became interested in Dividend stocks because the rates of CDs are really bad at the moment and if i can find some slow growth while earning a little extra from stock this would be the way to do it.

I figured i could be pretty solid saving for retirement or maybe have a little extra several years down the road for something (other than ramen).

I noticed that this forum had recent postings compared to some others out there.
Any who i look forward to sharing info and learning a thing or two about dividend stocks and trading.

Cheers!

TRT

-You want that fast quota,

I want that slow nickle-
Welcome TopRamen! Glad you've joined us!
Well I'm glad you cleared that up, RamenTrader. From the name, I inferred you were living below your means so you could buy stocks therefore you trade ramen noodles with your neighbors for variety ... "Hmmmm. Let's see, I'll give you 2 chicken for 1 of your shrimp noodles." Big Grin

Are you interested in trading or investing? To me, there's a big difference. I am assuming you're part of the younger set and investing in good dividend growth stocks and reinvesting could make you a ton of money slowly with lots of Sleep Well At Night times in between. For examples, see chowder's "Project 3 Million" blog over at Seeking Alpha or look at Dividend Mantra's web site.

Anyway, welcome to the board and thanks for posting the introduction here so we can respond intelligently. Please come back and share some more.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Thanks Kerim and DW, looking to invest mostly. I'm 28 so I guess im still on the younger side and very new to this (dividends and drip investing). I've had some rough times and really took notice on different ways wealthy people stay wealthy and one of them is investing.

I've done jobs in IT, Retail, the working two jobs strategy, even worked agriculture. I look forward to learning a lot from you guys and making a little cash so i can pass down to a future kid or retire knowing I won't starve.

I've been reading up on stuff in Seeking Alpha, its pretty cool! I will check out Dividend Mantra, thanks for the recommendation.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!
TopRamen, where about in Cali, I am in the SF Bay Area. Also in the agriculture biz working for a produce wholesale outfit.

Jim
Southern California Palm Springs area, Didn't work wholesale though I was picking grapes lol. It was an interesting experience being one of the very few people who really spoke English. Crazy hard work in that 115 degree plus heat for 8 to 10 hours a day, its a real eye opener. I have a lot of respect now for the agriculture working people out their. But that was for a season (2 to 3 months) I work in Information Technology once again.
Welcome!