Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Number of stocks in a Portfolio
I got 50 stocks and feel comfortable with them.
I receive daily updates on a number of well known dividend blogs so that I read any new article (recent buys, sells, analysis etc) in real time and most of my stocks are present in those blog's portfolios.
I also get realtime article and news from Seekingalpha
The blog owner is just doing the research and analysis job for me, something I wouldn't be able to do anyway, whereas I decide how and when to buy or add to an existing stock by looking at obvious weekly supports on charts (thus buying on dips).
I do love following my portfolio thus I dedicate much more time than needed.
(10-31-2014, 05:24 AM)mhqueeen Wrote: I do love following my portfolio thus I dedicate much more time than needed.

Welcome to the forum mhqueen!

This is how I feel as well. I enjoy following this stuff so much that I spend more time than needed on it. Not a problem so long as you are not tempted to over-trade your portfolio.
(07-28-2014, 11:46 PM)ronn38 Wrote: I think it depends on the kind of stocks. I really don't pay a lot of attention to MDC, KO, PG, CSX, CVX, etc. Some attention to Apple and the likes, and most of my attention on thing like KMI and ARCP. I have about 40, but 75% (by weight) are buy and hold.

Ronn

I hope you do not actually own ARCP.

The managements of KMI and ARCP could not be more different. Rich Kinder is a true KMI shareholder's friend. 'Slick' Nick Schorsch is the polar opposite.

(11-01-2014, 06:46 AM)Kerim Wrote:
(10-31-2014, 05:24 AM)mhqueeen Wrote: I do love following my portfolio thus I dedicate much more time than needed.

Welcome to the forum mhqueen!

This is how I feel as well. I enjoy following this stuff so much that I spend more time than needed on it. Not a problem so long as you are not tempted to over-trade your portfolio.

I also enjoy investing, and I spend a lot of time doing it, probably more than most if not all participants in this forum. I am retired, I have the time, I have the interest, and I need the income. Fortunately, my brain has not yet aged to the point where I need to give it up.
26 stocks; 3 mutuals; 1 ETf. Approx 30% cash.