Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Are You Behaving ??
Tongue 
Whilst checking shortcuts for NilesMike's request for links, I decided to do a little more reading on the Reformed Broker's web site. This article really struck me and thought I'd share.

Everything Wrong With Investor Behavior in One Article

Made me re-check my reactions to the market and my own companies. Are you making some of the same "mistakes"? One memorable line: "The story here just inadvertently exemplifies every single flaw and fallacy of the investor mentality."

This goes along with another of his articles syndicated on Yahoo!

Seven Truths Investors Simply Cannot Accept

Retrospection is/was in order for me.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(07-26-2014, 12:08 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: This goes along with another of his articles syndicated on Yahoo!

Seven Truths Investors Simply Cannot Accept

Retrospection is/was in order for me.

Truth #2 totally ignores dividend investing by individuals.
Typical rhetoric where it all makes sense, sounds good, but really says nothing.

The whole article ignores dividends or even individual investing (other than saying you will loose money), it's really about fund managers and not very informative.