Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MCD
(10-21-2014, 08:47 AM)rapidacid Wrote: Interesting to see MCD not getting slaughtered more this morning. "Priced in" I suppose.

That and I don't think the market will let its yield get much higher since its already at 3.7%.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
McD's CEO just "retired" ... shares +2.6% AH ... Div = 3.83%
What news did I miss? Why is MCD up over 4 percent today? I don't see anything in the headlines over on Yahoo or on MCD investor relations page.
(02-25-2015, 03:19 PM)Kerim Wrote: What news did I miss? Why is MCD up over 4 percent today? I don't see anything in the headlines over on Yahoo or on MCD investor relations page.

Herd behavior perhaps? http://seekingalpha.com/news/2320696-res...hot-streak
Tomorrow is MCD ex-div day. I would think it will drop a few percent tomorrow.
Up ANOTHER 2 percent now, knocking on $100. Something is up...
Here is an article on Seeking Alpha where the author discusses some possibilities. He mentions that the new CEO starts this weekend, on March 1st.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2952876-...-yesterday
Despite surveys that show the millennial generation turning away from McDonalds, the recent Morgan Stanley report shows otherwise.

"McDonald's is still the most visited restaurant for the demographic, according to analysts at Morgan Stanley."
"In other words, millennials are going to McDonald's, but they aren't likely to admit to it."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/millennial...43259.html
I don't admit it either! But I figure owning the stock gives me a reason to go there once in awhile!
(04-07-2015, 03:53 PM)Dundey Wrote: I don't admit it either! But I figure owning the stock gives me a reason to go there once in awhile!

I'm not super proud of my Mickey D's runs, but I enjoy it as an occasional indulgence. I also lie to myself and call it market research. Tongue
Mcdonald's cardboard tasting fare has little to offer me, though do like their fries. If I'm going to waste calories on a burger, it is going to be a good one. Locally, Rushes is a hundred times better than any McD's burger. More nationally, Five Guys kills both burgers and fries from McD's.

I'm afraid McDonalds is destined for eventual irrelevance. They also have problems with too many private franchise owners, as corporate has little control over quality and service.
Alex
(04-08-2015, 07:52 PM)hendi_alex Wrote: Mcdonald's cardboard tasting fare has little to offer me, though do like their fries. If I'm going to waste calories on a burger, it is going to be a good one. Locally, Rushes is a hundred times better than any McD's burger. More nationally, Five Guys kills both burgers and fries from McD's.

I'm afraid McDonalds is destined for eventual irrelevance. They also have problems with too many private franchise owners, as corporate has little control over quality and service.

WOW, news flash; a $13.00 hamburger and fries taste better than a $4.00 hamburger with fries.

Big city, 5 guys has a chance to survive. All other parts of the country they are not even a bug on McD's windshield.