Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MCD
Anyone reloading at these price levels? Good yield historically speaking and PE is around its long term average.

I will try around $95.00
Full up in both my wife's and my portfolios for several years. I think I'm a little overweight, the stock holding I mean, but I ain't budging.

If I had room, I wouldn't be afraid to take a bite right here although I'd be prepared for a further dip as management tries to figure out how to boost repeat traffic and sales. I believe I read U.S., Canada & Great Britain are it's biggest stumbling blocks.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Same situation as Dividend Watcher. Both my wife's and my ROTHs are full weight with MCD. Though if it drops below $90, I might add some more to it. If I wasn't at full weight with MCD, I would be adding at these levels. Though I do keep reinvesting their dividends back into MCD.
I thought I was getting greedy and missing an opportunity when I set a limit order @ 93.00. Looks like it may come after all. Yield would be 3.5%, I like it.

Any chance PM gets into the 72 handle for a 5% yield? Opportunities may start coming in with a continued dip.
I'm gonna pull the trigger.... but not just yet
(got within 5 cents of my "pull" mark. We'll see if Monday lets me build that holding back up to where it was).
My best purchase of MCD was with a starting yield of 3.65 percent, back in November 2012. If it drops much lower from here, it will be near the top of my list for a small additional purchase. (Also keeping a close eye on KO to see how far above 3.00 percent the yield might go.)
I'm greedy. I put in a limit order @ $93.50 ...

Darn, missed it by 2 cents!
(08-04-2014, 08:50 AM)ronn38 Wrote: I'm greedy. I put in a limit order @ $93.50 ...

Filled today? I'm still at 93.00.
Yeap! 26 shares, brining my total to 105.8 and 3% of my portfolio :-)

Ronn
(08-01-2014, 07:39 AM)NilesMike Wrote: Any chance PM gets into the 72 handle for a 5% yield? Opportunities may start coming in with a continued dip.

I think a test of 75 is a lot more likely than 72. At the latest dividend rate, the 5% yield price is $75.20. Plus, we can expect the annual dividend raise in September, so if the price actually touches $75, that would be a real bargain. If PM were not already overloaded in my portfolio I would buy more at that price.
(08-05-2014, 08:12 PM)NilesMike Wrote:
(08-04-2014, 08:50 AM)ronn38 Wrote: I'm greedy. I put in a limit order @ $93.50 ...

Filled today? I'm still at 93.00.

Filled today @ 92.98.

(08-08-2014, 11:31 AM)Be Here Now Wrote:
(08-01-2014, 07:39 AM)NilesMike Wrote: Any chance PM gets into the 72 handle for a 5% yield? Opportunities may start coming in with a continued dip.

I think a test of 75 is a lot more likely than 72. At the latest dividend rate, the 5% yield price is $75.20. Plus, we can expect the annual dividend raise in September, so if the price actually touches $75, that would be a real bargain. If PM were not already overloaded in my portfolio I would buy more at that price.

You are correct, my math slipped a digit. A bargain indeed, I'm hoping it gets there. That would be right around the 52 week low, similar to MCD.
I haven't been watching prices for a few days -- been taking care of family medical issues. Checked in this afternoon to see MCD closing in on $91.00?!?! Assuming I've got a few free minutes after the open tomorrow, you can be sure I'll be buying some Mickey Ds tomorrow.