Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monthly Dividends
daat99,

FFO is funds from operations.
(07-18-2014, 01:48 AM)daat99 Wrote: I have no idea what FFO is (yet), I'll read on it more and check the REITs using it for the future purchases.

Here is a REIT web site with many pertinent details. This link is to the FAQ page with a definition of FFO (funds from operations) and AFFO (adjusted FFO). http://www.reit.com/investing/reit-basic...reit-terms

Seeking Alpha author Factoids uses FAD in his analyses, which is the same as AFFO.

Realty Income (symbol O) is a widely owned equity REIT that publishes both FFO and AFFO in its SEC filings (10-K and 10-Q). FAST Graphs (FUN Graphs) reports both numbers.
daat99,

I love to see those reinvested dividends each month! I have the following positions in monthlies:

REITs
O
STAG

BDCs
FSIC
MAIN
PFLT

Oil and Gas
LNCO
Thank you very much for all the great replies.
I have a lot more to learn on this subject Smile
I own O, IPL.TO, REI.UN.TO, CGX.TO (in addition to some monthly dividend paying ETFs).

O has already been discussed in this thread.

IPL.TO trades on the OTC market (IPPLF) in the US if you dont want to or dont have access to Canadian markets. IPL has a dividend grower since it was converted to a corporation after the Canadian government got rid of income trusts starting 2011.

REI.UN.TO is not a dividend grower.

CGX.TO does not trade on the US markets. Similar to IPL above, CGX has been a dividend grower after income trusts were eliminated.
(07-21-2014, 10:45 AM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: I own O, IPL.TO, REI.UN.TO, CGX.TO (in addition to some monthly dividend paying ETFs).

O has already been discussed in this thread.

IPL.TO trades on the OTC market (IPPLF) in the US if you dont want to or dont have access to Canadian markets. IPL has a dividend grower since it was converted to a corporation after the Canadian government got rid of income trusts starting 2011.

REI.UN.TO is not a dividend grower.

CGX.TO does not trade on the US markets. Similar to IPL above, CGX has been a dividend grower after income trusts were eliminated.
Great, I'll read more on IPL and CGX Smile
http://www.buyupside.com/dividendsmonthl...onthly.php
There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner
(07-22-2014, 11:36 AM)Robandcindy2 Wrote: http://www.buyupside.com/dividendsmonthl...onthly.php

This is gold, thank you Smile
Realty Income (O) is probably my favorite stock for reasons I can't explain. When I started my portfolio at the end of last year, it was the first thing I bought. And when a friend and I started in 2008, we got it when it was around $15/share. The fact that it calls itself "The Monthly Dividend Company" shows me how much of an emphasis they place in growing that dividend (not that a slogan can replace or overrule fundamental analysis, but it does help show what their priorities are).

ARCP is something I just bought recently, as was PSEC some months ago. I'm actually curious as to what everybody thinks about Gladstone (GOOD). I really don't know what to make of them at all. They've had a stable dividend for a long time, but their numbers are all over the place.
(10-07-2014, 12:48 PM)Joey Batz Wrote: Realty Income (O) is probably my favorite stock for reasons I can't explain. When I started my portfolio at the end of last year, it was the first thing I bought. And when a friend and I started in 2008, we got it when it was around $15/share. The fact that it calls itself "The Monthly Dividend Company" shows me how much of an emphasis they place in growing that dividend (not that a slogan can replace or overrule fundamental analysis, but it does help show what their priorities are).

ARCP is something I just bought recently, as was PSEC some months ago. I'm actually curious as to what everybody thinks about Gladstone (GOOD). I really don't know what to make of them at all. They've had a stable dividend for a long time, but their numbers are all over the place.

When FAST Graphs starts working again I'll give you some screen shots of all 3.