Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monthly Dividends
Can't find the reference at FastGraphs but if memory serves you want to check the FFO box on FastGraphs for the correct analysis of REITS and I believe mRIETS and possibly BDCs too.

(10-08-2014, 10:57 AM)Be Here Now Wrote:
(10-07-2014, 03:47 PM)Be Here Now Wrote:
(10-07-2014, 12:48 PM)Joey Batz Wrote: Realty Income (O) is probably my favorite stock for reasons I can't explain. When I started my portfolio at the end of last year, it was the first thing I bought. And when a friend and I started in 2008, we got it when it was around $15/share. The fact that it calls itself "The Monthly Dividend Company" shows me how much of an emphasis they place in growing that dividend (not that a slogan can replace or overrule fundamental analysis, but it does help show what their priorities are).

ARCP is something I just bought recently, as was PSEC some months ago. I'm actually curious as to what everybody thinks about Gladstone (GOOD). I really don't know what to make of them at all. They've had a stable dividend for a long time, but their numbers are all over the place.

When FAST Graphs starts working again I'll give you some screen shots of all 3.

FAST Graphs for GOOD, which looks awful to me, and MAIN, the best of the BDCs.
There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner
(10-22-2014, 01:44 PM)Robandcindy2 Wrote: Can't find the reference at FastGraphs but if memory serves you want to check the FFO box on FastGraphs for the correct analysis of REITS and I believe mRIETS and possibly BDCs too.

For REITs and MLPs, check the Fund From Operations box. BDCs work best with Operating Earnings.
One that pays monthly that I have been considering for a while is NFI.TO, don't like its valuation right now but it pays a decent monthly dividend and a 4.43% yield. I should have bought at Oct. 15th but wasn't rushing into much with guns blazing at that point.
I suggest you start your research with dividend aristocrats and dividend achievers.

M$$I
Another high yielder on the Canadian market: Ag Growth Intl (TSE: AFN). Not really a dividend grower, but has a 4.8% yield.